Update on Window Guy
Outstanding news!!!!!!! Thank you Joe!!!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Would you mind checking in with Debbie and sharing another update?
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
Patsfan said:

Would you mind checking in with Debbie and sharing another update?

Great minds think alike. I e-mailed Debbie this morning and received this:

"Good Morning & a Happy Tuesday to you.
I Promise you, not a story, awakened this morning with thoughts of ya'll & actually a cousin of Steve's who lives in Illinois that I needed to update.

He is finally showing improvement. He still cannot walk but Physical Therapy & Occupational Therapy are working hard on helping him regain that strength. Now we have fight on our hands as Humana(ins. co. )
denied his going to hospital rehab. They want him to go to nursing home. That would be awful as he is not a candidate for a nursing home but rather intense PT like he would receive here at the hospital facility. So we PRAY HARD for this now.

They do believe his kidneys are kicking back in so no more dialysis at this time.
God has been Good & we are sooooooooo
Very Thankful & Grateful & Appreciative
for you & the others praying in Steve's name. Will share , as I always did, this email and ALLLLLLLL your prayers & good wishes.
Will let u know how we make out with ins. co. and where we go from here. Take Care & have a good day & week."
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Steve's got a tough road but with determination things will come around. Glad to hear the kidneys are back in gear, and he remains in my thoughts. Thanks for the update.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Real happy to hear that!

We're all with you Debbie and Steve!
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
Thanks, Joe!! Its great that things are improving. I hope the insurance company comes around. I'm hoping to visit with Steve again on my next golfing trip to Orlando.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
That is good news, Joe....and thank you for keeping us in the loop..Steve is important to us and we will all continue to keep him and Debbie in our thoughts and especially our prayers..for as long as it takes...

Apparently Humana likes to challenge the rehab..I have a very good friend that needed it and was denied..but he persisted and along with the doc's documentation, they changed their tune and paid for it...It's wonderful that Debbie is his advocate, because when you're sick, you need someone who will stand and fight for you!!!!!!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Battling the insurance company is better than battling with your own body for your life.

I think.

At least I am going to count it as good news. But I will indeed pray for help dealing with those folks. BTDT. It sure didn't make for any good memories.
Steve has been in my thoughts quite a bit lately. Mostly because I have some severe problems with arthritis (spurs in my hip) and I'm still a youngster. Insurance companies dictate medical policy not doctors.

Thank you for checking up on him. As Jack said, he is an important guy for the group. Steve, we are hoping hard that you come around and can get into rehab.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Thanks for the update Joe. Still praying on this end.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW