PSA: Oneida Dust Sentry
There are many ways to skin a cat. My dust ben is set up with a photo electric circuit that passes a light beam across the top of the bin where the duct enters. When the bin fills, the chips block the light beam, breaking the circuit and shutting off the cyclone. Works like a charm.

[Image: DSC_0008Medium.jpg]
I'm interested in putting one of these together and I have a couple questions.  Where does the rocker switch get wired in as the wiring schematic listed above doesn't show one? Can you tell me where did you buy the rocker switch and the two boxes?

Thanks.
War Eagle!
(11-21-2016, 09:52 AM)WarEagle Todd Wrote: I'm interested in putting one of these together and I have a couple questions.  Where does the rocker switch get wired in as the wiring schematic listed above doesn't show one?  Can you tell me where did you buy the rocker switch and the two boxes?

Thanks.

You are correct, the rocker switch isn't in the schematic... I simply switched the power coming into the box from the power supply prior to making the rest of the connections in the schematic.

The boxes and rocker switch are all available on Ebay fairly cheap from various sellers. Here are some random links when I searched:
82 x 52 x 35mm small box
115x90x55mm large box
LED ROUND ROCKER SPST
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Lumberyard:

Thanks for the inspiration. I ordered the parts you referenced and for $46.97 I have a bin full sensor.

I haven't used it long enough to have it light up the strobe light but I can verify even with my small system (20 gallon garbage can) I am not getting false alarms. I have used it with my 6" jointer and cleaned out underneath my tablesaw several inches of accumulated sawdust and no false alarms.

I used a terminal block to keep the connections easily accessible but that's just my years as a technician (now retired) who grumbled at designs that didn't give much attention to repairing things.

Bill
Lumberyard

Will a 9vdc 300mA power supply work?
War Eagle!
The parts Lumberyard linked to are designed to work with 12V DC so the answer to your query is no. You need at least 12 VDC and 300 Ma.

I found the one I used (12 Volts rated at 1500 Ma) at a second hand store in a box full of miscellaneous power supplies (wall warts). If you can check them out at the store with a volt meter that would be good. I bought three for $1.50 and had one good one.

Bill
So I finally had time to put it together and I have an issue. The sensor works when the switch isn't connected. However when I connect the switch the led on the switch lights up but the sensor doesn't work. I looked at the switch and it's rated for 10A could this be the issue?

Thanks
Todd
War Eagle!
Look at your wiring again. 

the switch rating has nothing to do with the power and its supply all it does is turn the power on and off so it does not have to run constantly until the bin is full.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Ok I'm checking my wiring and I have the wire from power supply connected to + terminal on switch. The brown sensor wire is connected to the - and switch lights up but the sensor doesn't work. When I move connection from brown sensor wire to middle "acc" terminal on switch, the sensor works but switch doesn't light up ( but it does turn power off).
War Eagle!
The switch I used only has two connectors. You referred to a middle 'acc' connector on your switch.

My switch is spliced into the wire going from the black lead of the sensor to the + terminal of the strobe light.

Bill