Weed whackin in the summertime.
Here's what I do. I have an old pair of lightweight camo hunting pants that are a size or two too big. I slip them on over my shorts and shoes. Afterward, into the basement laundry tub they go.

I do a similar thing in the shop. I have a couple pair of hospital scrub pants that are lightweight and loose. I can slip them over my clothes and when I'm done, all the dust, dirt, stain, glue, etc stays on them and I'm not dragging it upstairs.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Get you a pair of chaps
And sing the YMCA song as your trimming
Neighbors will love it!

Rusty
Poppa's Woodworks
I use the rubber boot myself, as does my next door neighbor, we kid ourselves about the look. They are better than chaps as you can hose these off when done.
chem warfare pants. What, you don't have any?

I don't know if you can get them from surplus stores. The top makes a pretty good rain jacket.
I used to use a string trimmer an hour a week to keep it all tidy but then someone turned me on to Roundup. About once a month in the morning before it gets breezy I mix up some roundup and carefully edge. I have 6 to 12 inches of bare soil around everything and it looks great! I save the enviroment by not burning all the gas, hours of my time and it looks at least as good as edging if not better!
CLETUS said:

I wear shorts and wash my legs off with a hose when I'm done.

This....
K. L, McReynolds said:

Have a pair of washed out, worn out light sweat pants. The legs are cut off just above the cuff---losing the elastic cuffs.

Light weight baggy sweat pants, also no elastic.

Diabetic - nicks, cuts on the shins are a no-no.

Pre-diabetic I got a nick that got infected. Just not worth the chance anymore.
I have a truck, but it's made of Legos, don't think the boots would fit

I have a pair of Duluth cargo pants, been meaning to try the flex ones. It's a tough pill to swallow if it doesn't fit right tho! I wish I could try on some sizes, ya know?

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Benny

bennybmn said:

It's a tough pill to swallow if it doesn't fit right tho!

Just send them back.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

True. Costs you a restock or shipping fee I think, I did it once, I forget what it was... could be thinking of something else... Sorry, toddler brain Next time I get an e-coupon I'll take a look! I was thinking about getting some shorts too.
Benny