Moderators and members: E-mail scam?
MODERATORS:  I got an e-mail today titled, "Access To Your "Woodworking Projects" Package is Available!”  It touts 14,500 woodworking plans on offer.

Is this a scam?  I can forward the message if you’d like (I think I can do that without importing any malware on it); just let me know how you'd like it forwarded.

If a scam, a PSA on the most often used boards might be good.

I noticed a post on the Woodworking board raising the same concern (https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7321222

This would imply that there may be a security issue in your software - has someone hacked into profiles and harvested e-mail addresses?

TO FELLOW MEMBERS: until we get clarification, DON'T open any links on such an e-mail, as they may lead to malware.
yes its a scam.  Probably the same DB that's been taking August Home's plans and selling them without permission for a while now.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Got the same email today. It's the last one in a row of about 30 or 40 I've got the last few months that went into the spam. This time it was the 1st time a relation to Woodnet was claimed.

Klaus
Think it is the same that shows up on Twitter.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
So I guess the question is whether everyone got it, which would strongly support the idea that the spammer got into the email address list. If anyone DID NOT get such an email at the address they use for logging in here, perhaps it would be worth mentioning.
I did.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Just checked my spam folder. Sure enough, there it was.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Yes, I got it. Straight into my Spam folder. But then, of course I got it -- I am, after all, a VIP member. Or so the email told me.
Rolleyes
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I got it.  It went to my gmail spam folder.  When I suggested the site admins may have been responsible, they say they didn't send the email, and that the sender faked a woodnet domain address.  Well, OK, but somehow, a spammer got a hold of a lot of WoodNetters home email addresses.  That's somewhat disconcerting.  I am so looking forward to getting more spam in my inbox at home.  I deleted the email.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I received this several months ago. Not sure if woodnet was mentioned.