Ceiling fan lights--Candelabra bases!
So I've bought and installed a few ceiling fans within the past couple years.  I notice they all have candelabra base sockets these days-- guessing people kept putting 600 watt incandescent bulbs in their fans and causing fires....?
Problem is buying bulbs with candelabra bases.  Such limited LED options...what gives?  I love how they still make the ones that come to the candle type tip-- really people, are we fooling anyone thinking it's a real flame?  Also, the clear plastic is awful--trying looking at one of those--it's like looking into the sun.  
Going into a box store these days there's no CFL, mostly LED, and a teeny-tiny percent is candelabra--wish the fan manufacturers would just put medium bases on the fans, since most ppl buy some sort of energy efficient bulbs these days.

Colin
If you have a lighting store near you, check them out. They have more options than the borg's. Different effects, colors, light temperatures (in Kelvin), varieties of 'white', etc...

Most metro areas have a specialty lighting store. Ours is less than a mile away and has over 60 different candelabra bulbs.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
We just put in fans that came with LED candelabra base bulbs.  But I agree, I wish they had medium base...I looked at a lot of fans hoping to find one with these - very few have them.

Amazon has a bunch of candelabra base LED bulbs...
order on line avoid the drive and parking lot hassle
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

If you REALLY want to just use medium base bulbs, there are various styles of adapters you can use. I think you can find them on Amazon.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/led-d...ive-bulbs/
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I've found a fairly good selection of the candelabra based LED's around me. Thing is, they are so expensive  keep watching for close outs or special sales.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-29-2016, 11:59 PM)Bob10 Wrote: https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/led-d...ive-bulbs/

note both what i said about them looking like a fake candle tip, AND them being clear... this place sells them with both of those options...uggh.
Could you just put a different light kit on it ?   The big boxes sell them.   Roly
maybe-- but why should i have to buy a light kit for a ceiling fan that i just installed?  If the stores would just offer more candelabra options, i wouldn't have to think about it.
(or if they just included light kits with medium bases like they did for 30+ years...)