What is your most prized project?
What project do you feel is most important to you?
Which project that you did best expresses yourself as a woodworker?
What project do you feel is your best work?

Please post pics of your answers if possible.
This will hopefully be an inspiring thread.  

Here is my contribution, It's a Maple Sofa Table that I used highly figured curly maple for the legs, quilted maple top with straight grain hard maple border. Each of the aprons are curly maple with quilted maple insert. The finish is a tinted shellac. I hope you find it appealing.

Attached Files Image(s)

I've done far too many things to pick just one.  I guess the most memorable one I spent many hours on and had the most fun making was the 1/2 scale stagecoach. The wheels took the most time. I spent three months on this project and it was the most satisfying.

The pics are small for some reason.

[Image: qY5X0L5.jpg]
It is hard to believe, but I think my most prized project - is painted (and about one-half steel).

I always wanted a metal lathe to make "stuff".  (NOTE:  I had a machine shop make the barrel to my specs.)  I just did some of the other "stuff".

Wooden wheels with spokes are a challenge.

Abigail - a one-half scale 1860 six pounder.  Build from scratch - except some chain, nuts, bolts, and other misc items.  Red Oak and Cherry under the green paint.

[Image: DSCN0429_zpse64cc340.jpg]
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
I've built a lot of pieces for my own house, and I think every room in the house has at least one thing I've built.  Most are pretty utilitarian, though some are made of fine hardwoods.  But the piece that most consistently pleases me is my own tool chest:

[Image: tool-chest-finished-may-2012-5.jpg?w=450&h=337]

Not only does it use two woods that I work with a lot (black cherry and spalted pecan), but it also features a good bit of exposed joinery.  It's very sturdy, and it does exactly what I built it to do.  I look at it every day, and I'm always pleased with my work.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Sorry, no pictures.

What project do you feel is most important to you?  My workbench, it is not perfect, but it is indispensable

Which project that you did best expresses yourself as a woodworker?   My shop cabinets

What project do you feel is your best work?  Pulpit and Lord's Super Table (I enjoyed the design process as much as the build)
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(10-14-2016, 05:27 AM)Herb G Wrote: What project do you feel is most important to you?

This one, because it was made in memory of someone very important to me.  It remains in my shop, to remind me where i came from and why i work with wood.

[Image: 93ACA461-3423-407D-953C-B9996293B9D2_zpshiowozox.jpg]

The answer to both of these questions is My Watch Box. It really is the closest i have come to perfection and it shows how much i enjoy doing intricate details.  Plus, I use it every day.  I enjoy it as much today as i did making it.

[Image: DSC_0397_zpsffe12568.jpg]

-Wayne
What project do you feel is most important to you?

Not the most difficult execution but the hardest to make.  I had a hard time picking the wood.  I had a hard time picking

the design.  Every mistake was heartbreaking.  It resides in Moms house.

[Image: DSCN2997_zpsxukwglib.jpg]

This bed is functional somewhat simple and has a little bit of everything in it(wood and metal)
[Image: 12507231_10207338364291316_5944919740386...vhq9bv.jpg]

This guitar challenged me all the way through.  It was built for one of my best friends at his request.  He chose the woods.    I don't play.  It  is his go to guitar.  The guitar shop that tuned it was impressed.

[Image: DSC_0397.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0398.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0392.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0394.jpg]
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
The one most folks like is a display case I made for a retirement home. Red oak, 1/4" safety glass on the sides and in the full length door.

[Image: Trophyncase002.jpg]

The one I enjoyed the most was a sofa table made to match the coffee and end tables LOML bought.
[Image: sofatable001.jpg]

The two that were the most fun were done in the early days of WoodNet and connected to the operation of the forum.
The outhouse was part of a joke by Admin to the early Off Topic section of the forum when they put a banner ad containing an outhouse(referring to the OT) on the OT page. This is what I made to match that drawing.
[Image: OldPictures009.jpg]

Then a bunch of us got together and made a real working outhouse for a members hunting property.
[Image: OldPictures010-1.jpg]

And finally, a joke for the Admin guys who were the first moderators. The inscription says PostStop. The model is a finger guillotine to signify the Mod who Poofed the most spam posts in a day/week. The blade is bloodwood and theb stock part raises to insert finger..
[Image: AugustHomevisit001.jpg]
This was my first "big" project.  I tried a lot of new things to me on it, including shop made veneer (drawer fronts), hand cut dovetails on a carcase, split ring pulls, etc.  The pic is when it was new.  The cherry is now beautifully patina'd and dark red.

[Image: CherryCabinetDSCN1854_zpsd6fad503.jpg]

[Image: TooCabOpen_zps431fab84.jpg]
Still Learning,

Allan Hill