Carbide Blades sharpening service?
You will be hard pressed to find another company that can do what they can do for the same price.  Your blades will come back better than new.  That's all that matters to me.  

John
I bought the Harbor Freight sharpener and hopefully I will get a chance to try it out this week sometime.  For the price I figure if I can do my 7-1/4" framing blades, and my 10" miter saw blades it will be worth it.  I have probably 10 blades that could use a bit of a touch up.  My expensive blades will be sent in tho, expecially if they have chipped teeth
Keep your mouth shut and nobody will know how stupid you are........I should have listened!
I just got a couple sets of planer blades back from Dynamic Saw.  The price was fair and the sharpening seems good, but the turnaround seemed slow.

I phoned in payment on 12/6 and the blades were mailed on 12/23.

Plan accordingly...

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
How long did they have your blades?  One week is their standard turn around and they've always met that time frame for me. 

John
Since 1903 W.D. Quinn Saw Co has provided Precision saw blade sharpening services for all types of industry. We enjoy working with the local guy down the street with a 10" table saw blade, to the big volume steel fabricator, that ships in 50-100 blades at a time.

We are a small shop with 10 employees, and can handle large volume sharpening jobs with our state of the art CNC sharpening machines. We have 6 CNC sharpening machines with automatic robot loaders, that work around the clock. We also have several CNC saw blade sharpeners for small jobs like dado sets and scoring saw blades for panel saws. 

We can sharpen all brands and styles of saw blades. here is our sharpening price list.   http://quinnsaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2...014-CT.pdf

If you call, you will speak with one of the owners. Your blades will be sharpened by one of the owners of the company. We take pride in what we do, and after 113 years we want to keep it going.

I would appreciate it, if you would give us a shot at your business.

Thank you,
Bill Zickel
President
W.D. Quinn Saw Co.
www.quinnsaw.com
(12-26-2016, 05:41 PM)jteneyck Wrote: How long did they have your blades?  One week is their standard turn around and they've always met that time frame for me. 

John
Assuming you were directing that at me..I sent my blades in the last week of November. The Dynamic Saw rep I gave payment to on 12/6 confirmed they had my blades at that point, so 2.5 weeks from payment. I wasn't expecting/paying for fast service, although the turnaround was surprisingly long.

Unfortunately my opinion of Dynamic dropped this evening when I realized i) Dynamic didn't return the plastic cases I used to send in the blades and ii) my name - misspelled - was laser engraved on both sets of blades.

Dynamic sent the blades back with fiberglass tape on the edges which is adequate for shipping, but I expected to get my plastic cases back - or be advised of the same in the shipping instructions. Not sure what the deal is with the (unbidden and erroneous) laser engraving. Will have to call tomorrow.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
That's disappointing.  If it makes you feel any better, they misspelled my name, too.  Doesn't bother me.  But I am surprised at the long turn around time. 

As for your plastic cases, they are very clear how you should ship blades to them.  From the "Product Shipping Instructions" page on DS's website:

Please put your saw blades between layers of cardboard that are about an inch larger (on all sides) than the blade;  Tape or staple the cardboard together securely so it pinches and locks the saw blades in position. Then take the blades sealed in cardboard and place them in a large enough cardboard box so they all fit when surrounded by crumbled newspaper or other packing material. Place a note in the box with your name, phone #, and complete return shipping address. Close box & seal. Ship tools to the plant address:

Dynamic Saw
551 Smith Street
Buffalo, New York 14210.
Please follow up with a phone call to the plant, toll-free 888-528-0808, and give us your VISA or MasterCard information.

John
I''ve had good luck with Hancock Tool,

12000 Riverwood Drive
burnsville, mn 55337
952 890-5984
[quote pid='7408484' dateline='1482792071']
anvilman
[/quote]
[quote pid='7408517' dateline='1482798636']
Since 1903 W.D. Quinn Saw Co has provided Precision saw blade sharpening services for all types of industry. We enjoy working with the local guy down the street with a 10" table saw blade, to the big volume steel fabricator, that ships in 50-100 blades at a time.

We are a small shop with 10 employees, and can handle large volume sharpening jobs with our state of the art CNC sharpening machines. We have 6 CNC sharpening machines with automatic robot loaders, that work around the clock. We also have several CNC saw blade sharpeners for small jobs like dado sets and scoring saw blades for panel saws. 

We can sharpen all brands and styles of saw blades. here is our sharpening price list.   http://quinnsaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2...014-CT.pdf

If you call, you will speak with one of the owners. Your blades will be sharpened by one of the owners of the company. We take pride in what we do, and after 113 years we want to keep it going.

I would appreciate it, if you would give us a shot at your business.

Thank you,
Bill Zickel
President
W.D. Quinn Saw Co.
www.quinnsaw.com
[/quote]
Bill

You have a good process to sharpen blades.
Do you sharpen blades for out of town customers?
Jack01

80% of our work comes in from out of town. UPS, FedEx, and USPS all deliver to our shop. We will call you if any extraordinary work needs to be done. Some blades that come in might be not repairable. (inexpensive throwaway type blades). We will not repair a blade that we feel is not worth putting the money into. (And we get a lot of them).

If blades come into the shop, and just requires a sharpening, it usually gets done overnight and is shipped out the next day. If there is tip damage to the blade, this will be an extra day or two. 

All blades are ultrasonically cleaned, Laser engraved with customer name on it, visually inspected for damaged teeth, checked for runout, polished if needed and CNC sharpened.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call the shop.

Bill Zickel
314-869-5353
www.quinnsaw.com