My First Clock!
Made this, not my plan, I think Wood Workers magazine a year + ago, Q sawn white oak, I got the works from Klock Kit, very happy with them, works are electronic, the chimes are perfect. Face and bottom is Birds eye Mable, lower has greened copper for the sun burst, with a Indian Head Penny, raised, that was a ton to route it and get it greened up, pee worked the best.

Attached Files Image(s)

KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Nice work, Brad!
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Awesome, Brad.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
Nice looking clock.

I started today preparing the materials to build a case for a pendulum movement I bought off the Tools, Swap & Sell section several years ago. 

The wood is reclaimed mahogany from an entertainment center that I built over 30 years ago that stopped being useful long ago.

It's gorgeous stuff that is planing up beautifully. I 'm taking pictures, so I'll document the build when I'm done.

I designed the case similar to the Shaker Style Chain Driven Wall Clock. The design was done in SolidWorks, and it will look like this when done

Happy New Year!
chris
(12-31-2016, 12:11 AM)MikeBob Wrote: Made this, not my plan, I think Wood Workers magazine a year + ago, Q sawn white oak, I got the works from Klock Kit, very phappy with them, works are electronic, the chimes are perfect. Face and bottom is Birds eye Mable, lower has greened copper for the sun burst, with a Indian Head Penny, raised, that was a ton to route it and get it greened up, pee worked the best.

I really hope that wasn't a gift for anyone 
Raised
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

We stayed with my wife's parents for Christmas until New Year's and then drove back. Her dad and I hung it two days after Christmas. I told SWMBO that I want to make one for our living room and she said, "No, it's too big."

After staying in the house a few days and seeing it on the wall, now she wants one in our house. Add that to my list of things to build...
Semper fi,
Brad

Nice clock Brad. I looked at Klockit just to get another look. It didn't reveal much, but I did see something that intrigued me. This is an actual mechanical clock? This is not battery operated?
Thanks,
Paul
Nice Job. I like that design, very clean looking.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Yup, it's a mechanical clock, powered by the large brass cylinder. It's good for about seven days, but can be "reset" prior to that--pull the opposite end of the chain to raise the weight up to keep it going.

Setting the speed on the clock to ensure it keeps correct time is a bit of a pain, and takes several days, but it's easy to do--on the pendulum, there's a weight held in place by a nut. Lower the nut to slow the clock, raise it to speed it up.
Semper fi,
Brad