Lie Nielsen #9 1/2 block plane
Back about 6 years ago someone from here (When everyone was helping me to get started in hand tools) sent me a Bronze LN plane which is shorter then the normal block planes and I really like it a lot.

It fits in my hand so nicely and does not take anything to push it where you want a shaving off.  It is also so easy to get very fine shavings or more if you want to take bigger shaving off.

I do not know the Number assigned to it but would highly recommend it to anyone, however, if Lee Valley sold one I would like to try it to since I believe they make the best planes and stand behind them like no other business does.

Anyone have a clue what the # is assigned to it?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
102 Arlin?

https://www.lie-nielsen.com/product/small-block-planes

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Arlin, here is the Veritas Apron Plane.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.as...41189&ap=1

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I too was very surprised the 9 1/2 was dropped.  This was my first LN plane and I use it quite a bit.  It's hands down a better style and user than the 102 model, IMO.  If I had to choose, it would be a no brainer.  I have the 60 1/2 as well but I really don't like swapping out blades or setting up a plane all over again anymore than I have to.  I want to pick it up, use it, and put it back.  That's why I have both.

I think it was a slow seller, because everyone is prostrate at the altar of the low angle block due to bloggers who say its the first and perhaps the only block you should buy, and while the low angle clearly has its place, everyone forgets that so does the 9 1/2!  Too many pundits, sometimes too little thought.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-13-2017, 01:58 PM)Admiral Wrote: I think it was a slow seller, because everyone is prostrate at the altar of the low angle block due to bloggers who say its the first and perhaps the only block you should buy, and while the low angle clearly has its place, everyone forgets that so does the 9 1/2!  Too many pundits, sometimes too little thought.

Very well said!!!!!
Skip