Clamp Suggestion
Pipe or bar clamps....
For what application?
Gluing up for multiple applications.
People will disagree with me. But I have both $50+ parallel clamps of various makers, and the cheap aluminum $9 clamps from HF... I like the HF clamps far more. Lighter and easier to use. Highly recommend.
My guess, I use the Jet parallel bar clamps 90% of the time, hand screws 8%, pipe and F clamps make up the balance.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Most bang for the buck 

Pipe clamps
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I hate pipe clamps! For me, parallel clamps and F-clamps are my main go to clamps.
Of your choices I like parallels. Having collections of each kind is very handy.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Its mostly a matter of economics but actually,  its only about 2:1 on the cost for a 24 or 36" clamp.  Where you save money is clamps 48" and longer.  BTW, I've seen master ww'ers shops with walls full of pipe clamps.

I use parallel clamps mostly & I keep several 60" long pipe clamps for longer applications. 

The biggest drawback to pipe clamps is they tend to make a panel bow due to non-parallel forces.  Therefore, it takes twice as many because you have to do opposing clamps. 

BTW with a little tuning those cheap Harbor Freight aluminum bar clamps actually aren't bad.  ;-)
Better than pipe clamps for wood.

[Image: detail.jpg?c=1480922620]

I have a set of F clamps made in Germany with a 4" throat I use a lot. These particular ones aren't made anymore but they do have some that aren't quite as heavy duty now. These are my go to clamps unless I'm gluing up small stuff.