Adjustable height monitor station
Anyone build or have seen plans for a dual monitor workstation to fit on a desk such that one can stand or sit and easily switch between the two during the day?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I use heavy duty ergotron stands on my cnc. One came from a hospital that I added parts too purchased by a reseller on ebay. It was designed to mount to a wall. The have all kinds of styles out there.you. Just get on designed to mount to a cable hole on a desk.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

no, but I have my eye on this
http://www.upliftdesk.com/

Scroll down the page and they have a DIY option, i.e. buy the mechanism.  Unless priorities change, that will be my fall project.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
More than anything I'm looking for a wood solution for a lift mechanism in an add on to an existing desk.
If I were to buy one, this looks real good:

[Image: TaskmatePhoto_376.jpg]

I've seen this or one very similar at work.
If I can figure out the mechanics for raising and lowering it, the rest is easy.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
use the same basic principle behind a weighted double hung window
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

most use an adjustable tension spring(s)
We use https://www.varidesk.com/ at work and I'd not want to build my own.

FWIW, I have a stand up desk at home (hand-me-down from my father). I sometimes stand, sometimes use a tall bar stool.

Perhaps your solution is to build a stand-up desk instead.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
maybe everyone is overthinking this (including me) 

how about  heavy spring or better yet a lift cylinder like used on a lift gate for a car on the inside and a slot and lock pin on the back of the sliding top.... the top would wrap around the post using a slip fit and some sort of guiding system like UHMW around the perimeter of the slide against the post

the "desktop" would have to be pushed down against the spring and latched at the bottom then released to allow it to rise. 

Probably finding the correct lift cylinder may be your biggest hurdle the rest is just WW really 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

How about using one of the cantilever lift kits that they sell for coffee tables?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(04-15-2017, 09:10 PM)JGrout Wrote: the "desktop" would have to be pushed down against the spring and latched at the bottom then released to allow it to rise. 

Joe

Yabbut, wouldn't it shoot straight up and knock your teeth out if you weren't holding it?
"These new regulations are going to fundamentally change the ways in which we try to avoid them" 

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"