RUH ROH! Shipping damage
(05-16-2017, 01:01 PM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I'm surprised you haven't got a tesolution to this yet. They were johnny on the spot when contacted them about my issues.

Good news. I got a message from Grizzly late this afternoon and a Return Authorization. As soon as I can give them the UPS Pro number I will get when they pick up the damaged Planer they will ship a replacement. I'm very relieved! 

Now I have to rent a trailer to get it back to where I work to ship it out, (where I received it). I've secured the crate top back on and it is ready to go.
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
Glad to hear. Better luck next time!
-Marc

you've got that big ol' shop now.... might I suggest a foldable 250$ trailer from Harbor Freight. By far one of the best 5 things I've ever purchased.

Might not work for you in this situation as it takes a while to put together (8-ish hours)
(05-17-2017, 11:59 AM)AUswimKC Wrote: you've got that big ol' shop now.... might I suggest a foldable 250$ trailer from Harbor Freight. By far one of the best 5 things I've ever purchased.

Might not work for you in this situation as it takes a while to put together (8-ish hours)

I've seriously considered it and has been on my eventual list but I have a mini van and an old '56 F100 pickup truck to haul most things like wood and building supplies so it is pretty low on the list. The reason I'm renting this trailer, ($25 bucks for the day), is because of the built in ramp that is rated for over a 1000 lbs. This planer is heavy and I need to roll it on. My engine crane wont lift the crate. It's too high.
Good for you, I had the feeling Griz would do the right thing given the extent of the damage (its on UPS anyway).  And this is also how Griz gets its scratch and dent sale items!!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(05-15-2017, 03:44 PM)teetomterrific Wrote: Yes UPS Freight. I had them delivered to where I work. We have multiple receiving docks, forklifts, tow motors as well as hand pallet jacks. Our dock guys are pros and deal with fragile stuff all the time. The entire receiving dock knew my tools were coming and took extra special care with them. After pondering it, my best guess is that the carrier backed into the crate with a fudge lift and the impact bent the plywood and smashed the table casting. Something else poked the hole above the casting. The two brown spots are where the thicker sides of the casting meet the plywood. Those mostly survived the impact but the surface between them snapped off at the edge.

[Image: cratedamage.jpg]

Mote the long fudge mark about 3/4 across the top of the box facing down.  Also notice all the skuff marks on the top half of the box on that side and how the top is ajar.  That box tipped over on it's side and that was how the planer got damaged.  They stood it back up using a fudge lift and in the process poked that hole in the box.  I bet they used one fudge down the side of the box as it laid on the ground to get it up a bit, and then another lift next to it to push it back into its upright position and it was the second folklift that poked the hole in the box.

I've been to the Grizzly scratch and dent sale 3X and I have seen plenty of those boxes at every sale.  It must happen at least 4-5 times yer year.
I see we're back in fudge mode....
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

f0rk ...
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Well fudge me. Another form of autocorrect?! REALLY?! 
I can't use the word f o r k ? That's pretty forking ridiculous.  Actually its really annoying that I get fudge for f o r k but not fudging for forking.
Planer is now on a UPS truck on it's way back to Springfield, MO. I guess it will get there just in time for the next Scratch and Dent tent sale coming up. Hopefully I'll have the replacement in next week.

[Image: returncrate.jpg]
Yea some things are fudged up around here.
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020