Robot Mower
Here is your robot mower...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNODJ9LOOcA
I once read (somewhere) that if it takes longer than 90 minutes to mow a lawn, you either have too much Lawn or not enough Lawn mower.
That's probably something purported by Snapper or such.

I also once heard of someone tying a rope to his self propelled Lawn mower and the other end to a post and the thing drove itself in circles towards the post as it mowed the lawn ... and that was somewhere near Albany, NY, not West Virginia lol.
Ray
(06-09-2017, 09:12 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: I once read (somewhere) that if it takes longer than 90 minutes to mow a lawn, you either have too much Lawn or not enough Lawn mower.

I also once heard of someone tying a rope to his self propelled  Lawn mower and the other end to a post and the thing drove itself in circles towards the post as it mowed the lawn ... and that was somewhere near Albany, NY, not West Virginia lol.

James May did that with a british reel mower on the episode of Top Gear where they did the India trip.
(06-09-2017, 09:12 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: I once read (somewhere) that if it takes longer than 90 minutes to mow a lawn, you either have too much Lawn or not enough Lawn mower.

I also once heard of someone tying a rope to his self propelled  Lawn mower and the other end to a post and the thing drove itself in circles towards the post as it mowed the lawn ... and that was somewhere near Albany, NY, not West Virginia lol.

I simply do not have enough mower.  I have a 21" push mower.  I moved from a place with a small yard.  I was going buy a rider, but once I started looking at mowers, I find the Husqvarna claims their largest robot will mow 1.25 acres.  If the robot costs about the same as a decent quality rider, why spend all that money and still spend an hour a week mowing.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Hard to argue with that analogy lol.
The questions I would be asking myself would be about what other time and money each will cost me and which on will be more.durable and last longer. Things like that. Only you can decide what's worth what to you.
If I had that much land and enough money I'd be tempted to get two robot mowers, but then I would have to compare that cost to a lawn service.
Yes. I'm a bean counter lol
Ray
They have a new version of male and female robots. They chase each other around the yard and get it done in 1/4th the time and every 9 months, you get a new one.
(06-10-2017, 05:38 AM)Cecil Wrote: I simply do not have enough mower.  I have a 21" push mower.  I moved from a place with a small yard.  I was going buy a rider, but once I started looking at mowers, I find the Husqvarna claims their largest robot will mow 1.25 acres.  If the robot costs about the same as a decent quality rider, why spend all that money and still spend an hour a week mowing.

I used to cut a lawn with a push mower (not self propelled) and it took about that long. 

Personally if you have a half acre or more definitly go with a riding mower. Under that a push mower is fine however allot depends on where you are. If you live somewhere that grass grows fast and you are cutting twice a week and also cutting a type of grass thats heavy and thick then id go with a rider. 

It sounds like your yard isnt really big if it takes 1.5 hours to cut. So id look at a 38" rider. You dont need anything special. Just pick anyones mower that has the best price just dont buy one from walmart. They have some really crappy rear engine riders and snapper mowers that cost as much as a better mower at the borgs or sears.