Highland Woodworking free shipping >$75
For those who like the Woodslicer (includes me) you can get the same blade from Louis Iturra for less. He makes them from the same blade stock, except he calls them Blade runner. Apparently HW copyrighted the name "Woodslicer" so Louis couldn't use that.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-01-2017, 06:15 AM)fredhargis Wrote: For those who like the Woodslicer (includes me) you can get the same blade from Louis Iturra for less. He makes them from the same blade stock, except he calls them Blade runner. Apparently HW copyrighted the name "Woodslicer" so Louis couldn't use that.

Thanks for the info on the Iyurra vesion of the woodslicer.

Would you happen to know if Iturra offers the equivalent of the HW woodturner BS blade?

HW was the first place that I ever found a wood turning smock that fit me. The AAW smocks tend toward small neck sizes for my chest/stomach size.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I have no idea, never heard of the woodturner. Probably best to just call Louis and ask ((904) 642-2802).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Not that it matters but they actually run the free shipping thing a few times a year, always at the $75 threshold. I agree that it isn't much of an incentive to me. I enjoy shopping there in person but I don't mail order much from them, maybe once a year if that.
-Marc