Baltic birch plywood from the borgs?
(07-08-2017, 08:59 PM)John Mihich Wrote: I just bought some BB from Menards.  I have found that they are stocking some better stock. 

Their prices are higher than most places but I don't have a normal lumber yard that sells better stuff close.  I figure the price differences isn't enough to travel more than 10 miles. 

When I want something Menard's has to special order I have Owl lumber about 30 miles away.  I don't like to wait.

10 miles is too far? If anything here was coser than that i would just drive my mower there.... Ahh those big city dwellers.
(07-09-2017, 07:46 AM)Robert Adams Wrote: 10 miles is too far? If anything here was coser than that i would just drive my mower there.... Ahh those big city dwellers.

The grass is always greener....
Laugh  ... in Northern NJ traffic it would not be unheard of for a 10 mile commute to take 45 minutes!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
yeah, I'm not happy the borgs are 10 miles from me, but I wouldn't want to live near that commercial area either.
(07-08-2017, 08:59 PM)John Mihich Wrote: I just bought some BB from Menards.  I have found that they are stocking some better stock. 

Their prices are higher than most places but I don't have a normal lumber yard that sells better stuff close.  I figure the price differences isn't enough to travel more than 10 miles. 

When I want something Menard's has to special order I have Owl lumber about 30 miles away.  I don't like to wait.

I live 10 miles from town.  So I guess 5 or 10 more are not bad.
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-09-2017, 08:45 AM)Admiral Wrote: The grass is always greener....
Laugh  ... in Northern NJ traffic it would not be unheard of for a 10 mile commute to take 45 minutes!

Yeah, but on his mower he could just mow through yards, probably cut it down to no more than 7 miles, and 4 weeks drive time
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(07-04-2017, 01:44 PM)mad_planter Wrote: http://www.industrialplywood.com/
okay, finally getting around to buying plywood for some projects so I contacted industrial plywood.  The Russian 5x5 seems really inexpensive.  They have "cabinet ply" in three grades.  I'm just going with birch for everything.  Turns out they deliver here twice a week for a reasonable fee.
Home Depot (and probably Lowe's, though I don't get there much) are different store to store.

A while back Home Depot started selling Mahogany, Walnut, and some other hardwoods depending on where you were. The Walnut was roughly twice the price of our most expensive local hardwood supplier (which is saying quite a bit). I think it was $15-$20 a board foot. The one nearest me stopped selling it, probably because nobody bought it. Even the clearance prices weren't worth it.

Walnut plywood from Columbia was available once locally, through a "special buy" or something like that. It started at $70 a sheet, still considerably cheaper than local hardwood suppliers, and eventually went down to $45 a sheet before I bought everything they had. I still have two sheets left, which I'm saving for...something. 

The moral of the story is that it's entirely possible that your local Home Depot has BB plywood without it ever showing up on the website or returning to stock. That's just how a few random things work.
Hey if you are ever in the market for pallet wood HD is the place to go

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Crates-Palle.../203837921

[Image: crates-pallet-woodshop-projects-94721-64_1000.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(04-25-2018, 08:51 PM)EricU Wrote: okay, finally getting around to buying plywood for some projects so I contacted industrial plywood.  The Russian 5x5 seems really inexpensive.  They have "cabinet ply" in three grades.  I'm just going with birch for everything.  Turns out they deliver here twice a week for a reasonable fee.

Industrial Plywood is great!  I ordered a bunch of pre-finished maple from them when I built my pantry, laundry room, and bathroom cabinets.  Their prices were extremely fair, the product was good, and their delivery charge was minimal if you order less than  $300 IIRC.
Just for some perspective on plywood pricing, last week I picked up a sheet of Joubert 18 mm okoume marine plywood for a project. Wholesale price was over $150!
Wood is good.