Hybrid Roubo getting there...
Ditto all the comments about your bench! It looks wonderful!

Tell me about the casters. What are they? Where did you get them? I assume they lock. Is the bench stable with them locked? Do they have a leveling feature? I wanted casters on my bench, but couldn't't find any suitable, so I had some Heavy duty machine levelers made that work well. My bench weighs 4 or 5 hundred pounds so it hasn't moved since I finished it ten years ago.

I also admire your floor. Wish mine was wood instead of concrete.
Hi Hank,
The casters are by Footmaster - quite expensive here in the UK but I'll only buy them once. They're rated at some enormous load - 1000kg each I recall.
The floor is flat so levelling isn't an issue. They have a rubber/plastic support pad that is raised/lowered via a threaded bolt. Not fast but only takes a few minutes to sort out. Not perfect but everything in my workshop has to be mobile (if possible) and these were an acceptable solution to that. I have them under my welding table too and they've been really good. I think that if the bench ever moves when I'm working then I should stop and sharpen my tools!
Thanks for the kind words on the floor - I'm glad I put it in. The choice was tile/concrete/wood. Prepping 2500 blocks was good therapy during a tough time. It looked like an art gallery when I first finished it - all white walls and mahogany parquet! I do get a lot of satisfaction re-purposing things.
Mark
Here you go Hank.
This was of the deadman/strongman drying after a coat of Danish oil but you can just make out the Footmaster casters of the welding table.
Mark

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks, Mark. At 1,000 lbs. per caster, I'd say your bench is well footed! You should enjoy that beautiful bench for a very long time. I have certainly enjoyed mine.
(08-14-2017, 11:46 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: Thanks, Mark. At 1,000 lbs. per caster, I'd say your bench is well footed! You should enjoy that beautiful bench for a very long time. I have certainly enjoyed mine.

He said 1000 kg per caster.  Or 2200 lbs per caster.
You can get footmaster casters in the usa on amazon as well. These were $59.29 ea and are also 2200lb rated ea although if you read close that is resting on the foot and rated at 1100lb ea at 100% continious.

FOOTMASTER GD-120S-BLK Nylon Wheel and Aluminum Pad Leveling Caster, 2200 lbs, Stem Mounted with 0.63" Mounting Hole Diameter, Black Finish

[Image: IMG_20170710_120736_zpsqhksb6mc.jpg]

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Better handles on the vise now.
Thinking of stripping all the paint off and putting on a few coats of lacquer instead!

Attached Files Image(s)