New tool for electrical PSA
I used to do everything hot, but I rarely do any more.  Just shocked myself today though, stupid. Disconnecting some lights to put up drywall.  Wago connectors make it easy, but paying attention to where the wires are is a good idea
(08-26-2017, 03:52 PM)Foggy Wrote: According to OSHA you can't work anything hot [one exception] but those fatherless children just sit behind a desk and have never done work.

True but try telling the kitchen at a fast food restaurant that you are shutting the power off several times times a day during during a remodel while they are still running the drive through... Have run across many old ones that you have no disconnect at all. Have to call the elec Co and have them disconnect at the transformer..
Osha doesn't govern what you do inside your own home unless it is a workplace.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(09-01-2017, 06:05 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Osha doesn't govern what you do inside your own home unless it is a workplace.

It applies to employees.. The owner of the company is not an employee.... Something that few know.
Gimmick, just flip the breaker, double check with your tester. If your really scared, just flip the main.
I'm a journeyman WWer,

Every projects a journey man.

Looks like a good gimmick.
Big Grin
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.