Restrictions on moving lumber across state lines?
If I remember right it does not say anything about lumber but it does talk about tree trunks or anything else that is not dimensional lumber
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Janab I agree heat kills the pests, but the distinction they are using is bark. Off you can ship freely, on you need a certification it has been dried to accompany the wood in transit.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(11-29-2017, 02:43 AM)Steve N Wrote: Janab I agree heat kills the pests, but the distinction they are using is bark. Off you can ship freely, on you need a certification it has been dried to accompany the wood in transit.

Yup. If you are hauling firewood (with some bark attached) out of a quarantine area then you need paperwork to show any bugs have been cooked. 

If it's sawn boards with no bark, then you should be OK.
There are checkpoints when crossing into or from Canada to USA. 
I am not aware of checkpoints at state borders.  
So, shouldn't a little quick education on recommended restrictions combined with common sense be could enough?
Nothing to contribute here, but my city has a place where you can dispose of branches, etc. I saw a couple pieces that were big enough for my neighbor to burn so I thought I would procure them and give them to him for his fire place. A city official, not just a worker caught me doing it and read me the riot act about transporting wood that could spread bugs. Our city is only 52,000 people how far could I spread them?
Laws are in place to stop the spread of the killer bugs.
It would be best to abide by those laws, saving some future trees, which trees are lumber that we like to use.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

How are you going to be transporting it all? I don’t know about up there, but some states have weigh/inspection stations at the border for trucks over a certain size. (Florida,for example, even inspects rental trucks and delivery vans.) If you don’t have that kind of thing, then it should be safe to move the lumber.

However, as said above, I’d check the local regulations. Best to understand the risks of what you’re thinking of doing. I’m sure you know what bug infestation looks like, but I do agree with what was said above: if there is ANY possibility that you would be transporting pests, don’t do it.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(09-10-2018, 06:26 AM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: How are you going to be transporting it all? I don’t know about up there, but some states have weigh/inspection stations at the border for trucks over a certain size. (Florida,for example, even inspects rental trucks and delivery vans.)  If you don’t have that kind of thing, then it should be safe to move the lumber.

However, as said above, I’d check the local regulations. Best to understand the risks of what you’re thinking of doing. I’m sure you know what bug infestation looks like, but I do agree with what was said above: if there is ANY possibility that you would be transporting pests, don’t do it.

The thread was started last year, but your information is still relevant.  I moved to Orlando from Southern California in January.  No issues at all having all my lumber (boards, pen blanks, and bowl blanks) transported cross country, then put in temporary storage here, then delivered out of storage to my new home.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill