bed frame
That is outstanding!
(12-04-2017, 07:40 PM)Aram Wrote: One question -- why does the footboard not have a rail at the height of the side rails? Just curious. I usually see the mattress boxed in on all 4 sides.

good eye aram - is was just a design decision - figure i can play out new ideas on the family - i'll let you know if we like it
jerry
Thanks Jerry, you just cost me a scroll saw.

I've always wanted to get into it, and seeing something this amazing is going to be how I do it.

I may never in my life make birds that beautiful, but I'm going to try.
(12-04-2017, 07:50 PM)jcousins2 Wrote: good eye aram - is was just a design decision - figure i can play out new ideas on the family - i'll let you know if we like it
jerry

It's actually a clever idea. It's a pain tucking in sheets between the mattress and the rear rail, and it's not like the mattress is going to spontaneously shoot out of the back while they're sleeping!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
The work is very nice, and I have to admit, I never noticed the height of the foot board.  Every time I looked at the pictures, and I have been back several times, I was captivated by the inlays.  I agree with Aram; it is a pain to tuck in between the mattress and box spring and the headboard and foot board.  THIS design would allow you to slide the mattress toward the foot of the bed 6" or so, tuck in the head and get that all done, slide it back, and then make the rest of the bed without interference from the bed frame. 

In addition, the home crafted quilts and blankets the wife makes, would be shown off without being blocked from view by the foot board, and when I toss and turn and move around at night, I could stick my feet off the bottom of the bed without hitting the foot board. So many advantages come to mind.

Yup, I think I like it. 
Wink
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.