Please help me Identify this Wood
Yep, black cherry. Nice stuff!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Well, that was fast.
Seem like it was almost too easy for you guys.
Next time I will try to find something more challenging :>)
Thanks everyone. I am obviously no expert and was surprised how light the color is. I guess most of the cherry I have seen has been exposed to more light and started to darken.
(12-15-2017, 11:02 PM)ron kanter Wrote: Well, that was fast.
Seem like it was almost too easy for you guys.
Next time I will try to find something more challenging :>)
Thanks everyone. I am obviously no expert and was surprised how light the color is. I guess most of the cherry I have seen has been exposed to more light and started to darken.

This is gonna sound counter-intuitive, but in this case I feel like it was easier to tell what it was BEFORE you planed it. That's the lightest-colored cherry heartwood I've ever seen! It'll darken, though.

BTW, I'm not even close to being an expert (at identifying OR building with wood), and I'm sure there are others here who would tell you the same thing, so don't feel too down.
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser