Easy Wood Tools needs demonstrators
You still aren’t understanding Arlin

Crockett wanted to know if he has to use their tools for the video to send in to see if they will use him. He doesn’t have any of their tools. Obviously he would have to use their tools if he got the job.
I talked about it with my wife. We agreed that while it's a great opportunity, I don't really have the time, or at least I'm not willing to give it the time it could potentially need. It would be a better fit for somebody semi or retired. I'd rather be able to spend the time with my kids.
(01-17-2018, 11:16 PM)Wipedout Wrote: You still aren’t understanding Arlin

Crockett wanted to know if he has to use their tools for the video to send in to see if they will use him.  He doesn’t have any of their tools.  Obviously he would have to use their tools if he got the job.

AAAAHHHHH light clicked on. 

Crockett

If you wish to borrow my two I will send them to you to use for the video.
Yes
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-18-2018, 09:57 AM)crokett™ Wrote: I talked about it with my wife.  We agreed that while it's a great opportunity, I don't really have the time, or at least I'm not willing to give it the time it could potentially need.  It would be a better fit for somebody semi or retired.  I'd rather be able to spend the time with my kids.

Crockett

It did not say you had to do it full time.  Just if and when the opportunity presents itself show off the tools or go to other clubs to demonstrate them.
Laugh
Laugh    For one you get to meet other turners and second you just may get a following and the stuff you make will sell for more.  All you need to do is once a month or twice a month on part of a Saturday or if you go to a craft fair to sell your stuff demonstrate there as well.

I say go for it buddy.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Arlin, I'm going to do it. I'll just use what I have and emphasize they are shop made in an attempt to emulate some of the EWT. My daughter will love doing the filming and probably want to be the creative director.
Smile
(01-18-2018, 03:55 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Arlin,  I'm going to do it.  I'll just use what I have and emphasize they are shop made in an attempt to emulate some of the EWT.    My daughter will love doing the filming and probably want to be the creative director.  
Smile

Like I said I have the Medium rougher and finisher I can send you for several months since I am not turning right now anyway.  Also ask them if they are willing to send you ALL of the tools to demonstrate with.  Won't hurt anyway or say you do not have all the tools and you could us the rest to demonstrate with and use the two of mine.

Also when you do the filming please let me know what all you use and software and how you put it together and if you are going to use a lapel mike.

I would love to do some to encourage disabled people to turn.

Arlin

PM sent. I was probably just going to use a cellphone for the video.
This is interesting, it was a demonstration by Craig Jackson, founder of Easy Wood Tools, at Hartville Hardware several years ago that got me started turning. Still have all my EWT tools even though I don't turn much these days.
Greg

Because someone doesn't run for office, it doesn't reduce their right to representation or to complain. Now when they don't vote....you might have something. KnotHaid 3/19/14
So Dave

Have you gotten started Yet on your new teaching career?
Yes

(02-07-2018, 03:16 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: So Dave

Have you gotten started Yet on your new teaching career?
Yes

No.  I'm trying to do a lacquer finish on a bowl, it's been too cold until yesterday,  and it's been occupying my lathe.  I have a small oak dish that I'm going to do a resin casting in, and then create the demo video from that this weekend.  At least that is the plan.