Looking for two logs
(01-31-2018, 11:38 PM)MidwestMan Wrote: Yes, I agree he is a good teacher... and a pleasant voice as well.
I found these brass candlestick liners on line, perhaps you'd be interested.

Here ... 7/8 Inch Brass Liner

Thank you very much since I completely forgot about it.  OOPs  
Slap
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Around here there are lots of cherry trees that would yield that size of log....I usually just use it for firewood. Not sure what kind of cherry it is. Locals call it ‘black cherry’. It doesn’t produce fruit, though there are millions of r fruit producing cherry tree around here, but all much smaller.

I use both local oak,, with anice grain, and sassafras for turning,
Sassafras smells soooo good
Big Grin
(02-06-2018, 06:02 PM)KentheFramer Wrote: Around here there are lots of cherry trees that would yield that size of log....I usually just use it for firewood.   Not sure what kind of cherry it is.  Locals call it ‘black cherry’.  It doesn’t produce fruit, though there are millions of r fruit producing cherry tree around here, but all much smaller.

I use both local oak,, with anice grain, and sassafras for turning,

Well we do not have any Oak here on the farm that is over 12" tall which I planted a 2 years ago from an seed so that is out of the question
Laugh    I have never turned Sassafras but heard it turns well and smells good and the bowl I seen makes me eager to get some but it costs to much for what people want and then shipping to.  Plus I would have to have several pieces so the vets will not fight over who gets it, them or me.
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.