favorite Woodworkers on YouTube?
Frankly, the whole explosion of people with a camera thinking they are experts has really turned me away from youtube. Some of these people are so bad....its frustrating.  That and the so called "makers" community, for every one that is entertaining and worth watching, there is 10 that are not worth the intro. 

I watch a few I have for years. 

Charles Neil
Christopher Schwartz
Rob Cosman
Mark Spagnuolo

Generally those four are entertaining, and I learn things from them.

Really the only "maker" I subscribe to is April Wilkerson. Frankly, I've watched her since she started out...and its fun to watch her progression and he skills build. Really the only thing I have "learned" by watching her was using an existing fence post by building a box around it to make it look like a solid 4x4 or 6x6....that was slick. My favorite thing was when she made the homemade forge. That was cool. Enjoying the new shop build she is currently doing.

Matt Cremona is also fun to watch.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I like to watch Paul Sellers videos.  He calmly explains what he is doing, and why. Neat tricks for better results. When I watch a You Tube video, I ask myself, "Would I pay to take a class from this person?"  In his case, yes. 
Smirk
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
I like watching videos by Kyle Toth.  Beautiful furniture and he's while not in depth instructional but you can see the steps he does.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn_4fr5...uq479M7Kig
(02-12-2018, 09:24 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Frankly, the whole explosion of people with a camera thinking they are experts has really turned me away from youtube. Some of these people are so bad....its frustrating.  That and the so called "makers" community, for every one that is entertaining and worth watching, there is 10 that are not worth the intro. 

Just a theory of mine but when you reach a certain number o subscribers you get a free Sawstop.  I am not sure what that number is but if you watch the popular youtube woodworkers with good production values, all of a sudden a Sawstop appears in their videos.
A carpenter's house is never done.
(02-14-2018, 09:50 AM)jussi Wrote: I like watching videos by Kyle Toth.  Beautiful furniture and he's while not in depth instructional but you can see the steps he does.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn_4fr5...uq479M7Kig

I subscribed to him just now to see more videos like his 100 subscribers celebration.
A carpenter's house is never done.
https://blog.feedspot.com/woodworking_youtube_channels/

I subscribe to a couple dozen on this list.
Semper fi,
Brad

Mr. Chickadee is very original and far from boring. I like Paul Sellers a lot too. I’m also a fan of Tommy Mac’s old podcasts.

Frank Howarth for the techie high speed stuff. He's good
Stumpy Nubs for the comedy.

But both got boring so I haven't checked on them in a year or 2.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-14-2018, 12:24 PM)photobug Wrote: Just a theory of mine but when you reach a certain number o subscribers you get a free Sawstop.  I am not sure what that number is but if you watch the popular youtube woodworkers with good production values, all of a sudden a Sawstop appears in their videos.
I can absolutely tell you this is untrue. SawStop pretty much NEVER gives units away until one reaches “Tommy Mac” or “Scott Phillips” levels. 

I talk with the folks from SawStop all the time at various shows we do. Not just t(e sales people, but the actual marketing team for SawStop. They have asked me why I do not have a SS and I happily tell them because they have not sent me one yet. 

I get that every YouTube channel owner thinks they deserve a free Saw because they have 5,000 followers. But my videos show up on Bessey’s feeds, and Freud’s, and MICROJIG’s  and several others. Woodworkers see my videos many hundreds of times each day all over the Internet.  I am also a frequent contributor to Woodworker’s Journal, Woodcraft And Wood magazines. 

I simply ask SawStop the question; with hundreds or even thousands of Woodworkers seeing my shop on video or in print every day, who’s saw does SS want them to see me using?  So far, still running my old Delta 
Winkgrin

Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining. I am a business man and this is a business decision they make. I assume they know their market and needs more than I do.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.