What to do with an orphaned Lane Chest
So as I was driving home from dinner I look out the window and there it is.  Orphaned next to the curb and looks to be in great shape so as I seem to be unable to resist it lands in the van and on the way in I see the hinges have given up.  I have an a few sets so no worries but while in great shape it is dated and going to be sent to the attic to hold clothes in place of one or 2 of the HD boxes that hold them now.  I know I am not the only one that picks these up so I have to ask do any of you update them for use or just use them as is
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Hey!!!!

Bring that back - RIGHT NOW!

I just set it there to air out.

Big Grin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Make sure the locking system has been updated so a child can't get locked inside. The lid shouldn't close without holding in the button if it's a newer lock. The old ones would lock when you shut the lid. You can check the date of manufacture on the bottom of the chest. Read the number backwards.
(04-23-2018, 09:14 AM)DickA Wrote: Make sure the locking system has been updated so a child can't get locked inside. The lid shouldn't close without holding in the button if it's a newer lock. The old ones would lock when you shut the lid. You can check the date of manufacture on the bottom of the chest. Read the number backwards.

Lane was great at getting info and replacement locks.  If you have questions, I would contact them.
I would bet it is older, I will check that.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Not necessarily lane chests, but the trend on old pos chests I've seen is decorate the insides, paint the outsides with some oddball colors.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020