Planer won’t feed
I have an older 15” Powermatic planer. Lately, it will not feed, no matter how light I make the cut. The board moves into the planer, then stops. I then have to push it through. If I then feed it again, same result. It has a Shelix head, installed by the previous owner.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Feed roller pressure?
Waxed table¿
Table rollers adjusted right?
Feed rollers turning?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Agree with pirate. Do some investigating. First make sure the feed rollers are actually turning. Next, wax the bed - I just run a block of parafin wax all over the bed. Adjusting the infeed roller might be next.

Are your indeed/outfeed rollers metal or rubber? If rubber, they can dry out over time and loose grip.
Johnson was on the bed.  It makes an amazing difference.

Al
Al (doc1)
Sorry, Johnson wax on the bed.
Al (doc1)
(05-01-2018, 07:44 PM)joemac Wrote: I have an older 15” Powermatic planer. Lately, it will not feed, no matter how light I make the cut.  The board moves into the planer, then stops. I then have to push it through. If I then feed it again, same result. It has a Shelix  head, installed by the previous owner.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

I have a thread w/ the same issue using a Makita 12" planer - cleaned and waxed the planer table which corrected the problem - Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
(05-01-2018, 09:08 PM)cvillewood Wrote: Agree with pirate. Do some investigating. First make sure the feed rollers are actually turning. Next, wax the bed - I just run a block of parafin wax all over the bed.  Adjusting the infeed roller might be next.

Are your indeed/outfeed rollers metal or rubber?  If rubber, they can dry out over time and loose grip.

Rollers are rubber.  I'll wax the bed and try adjusting the rollers.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
What works on my Delta 13" planer is cleaning the platen with acetone, then spraying with Bostik Topcote and wiping with rag once it has dried.
Wood is good. 
If it is still an issue after cleaning the bed, your rollers might have a coat of pitch on them or are hardening/cracking and loosing grip. They’re replaceable and there’s information on the web about it. Do some googling.
+1 on waxing the bed - plus infeed and outfeed tables if they exist.

Also, check to see if there are embedded chips / shavings on the rollers.  Clean the rollers with lacquer thinner or MS.  DON'T do this while the planer is plugged in!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill