Projects that gets the most use?
My pocket cutter

Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-29-2018, 11:09 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: So about 8-10 years ago, in an effort to test my new pocket screw jig (a gift from the wife), I made a BB plywood box that sits in the window opening (slots routed into the sides allow me to install it over some screws through spacers in the window trim).  I cut a circle and installed a high velocity fan in it.

We live close to Lake Michigan and it isn't uncommon for summer daytime temps to be rather high, but then evening temps can fall quite rapidly.  So even if we've had the air on all day long, at 7 or 8pm, we can turn-off the air, open a few windows, and crank-up the fan.

Nice!! Our windows are juuuust a little small for a 20" box fan, so I have one of those double 8" window things that are a pain... Can you share which fan you use? I really want to do something like this!

My project is a 12" tall plywood stool I made to make it easier for me (and my weak hip flexors) to get on and off my bicycle that I had setup on a stationary trainer during the winter. Bikes are amazingly more awkward to mount when they are rigidly help bolt upright!

Anyway, it's spent most of its time next to my son's bed for story time!

Hard to see in this pic... but it's just two plywood "legs" splayed at around 10 deg with a central stretcher pocket screwed together, 

[Image: iDJ1J5eA23g5HZ9h_T1IPUmZc7KsW1lmE3IcIw_6...02-h901-no]
Benny

Hard to say. For me, it's my workbench. I built it about 10 years ago and use it almost every day.

[Image: 40116673094_82a01b2122.jpg]IMG_1727 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

My wife uses the desk console I built her every day:

[Image: 38532312520_1b0a4ec263_c.jpg]IMG_0179 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

My daughter makes her living with the two studio easels I built for her:

[Image: 40672233550_6214b5974d.jpg]IMG_1724 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

[Image: 28608088158_527e50b11e_z.jpg]IMG_1722 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

And she and my son-ion-law use the dresser I built for them daily.

[Image: 38531948750_e6437c8e4d_c.jpg]IMG_1629 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

I've built a lot of stuff over the years, but selecting the "most used" is probably a toss-up between the things I posted above.

My wife's favorite thing I built is the hunt board we use in our dining room. But, except for being an everyday piece of furniture in our house, it only gets used for silverware storage and occasionally as a serving piece when we entertain:

[Image: 39630709584_45a9b98af2_c.jpg]IMG_0005 by Hank Knight, on Flickr
Great thread!

I have built every bed frame in our house, and those get used every night. The dining table I built gets used every day, sometimes all day, especially during the school year when my wife is especially busy educating the younger children.

Then there are so many little things I've built that get used regularly, everything from bookshelves to towel bars to side tables... After a while, it's hard to keep track!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Perfect timing.  I need to get a picture but the desk I made when I was about 14-15 in middle school was at my Dad's house up until about 10 years ago when he passed away.  I let my cousin have it because she needed it at the old folks home she works at.  It then gets handed down to my second cousin when he goes to College.  He just graduated and my cousin asked if I wanted it back.  I was excited to get it back since it was my first real woodworking project and the one that really got me interested in the hobby.  It is now in my 9 year old's room and he is super excited to have it.  30 years old and still works great!  (the desk, not me
Smile)
I have gifted several eReader / tablet stands.  They are in use daily in my household (I regularly have at least two on my kitchen island) and are repeatedly requested for more by those who see them or even already have one.  

[Image: 20150213_112904.jpg]
[Image: 20150213_112622-1.jpg]
The bodies are made from hard maple cutoffs/scraps I had gotten from the Jorgensen clamp factory when they were still in operation here in Chicago.
(05-31-2018, 03:12 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: My wife's favorite thing I built is the hunt board we use in our dining room. But, except for being an everyday piece of furniture in our house, it only gets used for silverware storage and occasionally as a serving piece when we entertain:

[Image: 39630709584_45a9b98af2_c.jpg]IMG_0005 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

Beautiful work, Hank!  Lovin' that sideboard! 
Cool

.pdf   coffee2.pdf (Size: 166.96 KB / Downloads: 261)

This is the first version of my coffee maker.  It was made from red oak and had half blind dovetails.

Subsequent models have through dovetails.  I keep the width to about 5.25" which is wide enough for stability but takes up the minimum of counter space.  My next version will have a granite tile fastened to the surface of the base.  Just because I think it will look nice.

I have silicone feet on the bottom.  The through dovetails give it a kind of shaker look.   I make 3 at a time and they've made welcome gifts.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(06-01-2018, 10:26 AM)Cooler Wrote: This is the first version of my coffee maker.  It was made from red oak and had half blind dovetails.

Subsequent models have through dovetails.  I keep the width to about 5.25" which is wide enough for stability but takes up the minimum of counter space.  My next version will have a granite tile fastened to the surface of the base.  Just because I think it will look nice.

I have silicone feet on the bottom.  The through dovetails give it a kind of shaker look.   I make 3 at a time and they've made welcome gifts.

Neanderthal coffee maker.

Love it.
(06-01-2018, 10:26 AM)Cooler Wrote: This is the first version of my coffee maker.  It was made from red oak and had half blind dovetails.

SNIP

Cool idea. Better than lifting the filter to see where coffee is in my cup. Short of boiling it over a camp fire your system is a great way to go. I pay about 12-cents a cup for my joe.

After 6 coffee makers died in one year and as many were returned for being DOA the last time, my family got a Keurig machine. I was back to a percolator running the wrong grind at the time the monster box filled a fifth of the counter space. The machine died a year later and never really ran my coffee.