Protecting Corners From Cat Damage
I have a spray bottle of water within reach of my computer.One squirt,cat vacates scratching area and hides.Now all I have to do is pick it up and aim at cat,cat leaves.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(06-27-2018, 05:11 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Remove cat from house.  Easy one step solution
My daughter would never agree to that. 

(06-27-2018, 06:57 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: I have a spray bottle of water within reach of my computer.One squirt,cat vacates scratching area and hides.Now all I have to do is pick it up and aim at cat,cat leaves.

Mel

that's not a bad idea, the days I WFH the corners she claws at I can see from my office chair.
(06-28-2018, 08:04 AM)crokett™ Wrote: My daughter would never agree to that. 

That's all good when she is paying the bills.
Laugh
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Double sided tape might work. We put that on upholstered furniture when ours started scratching at it. The scratching stopped immediately plus I made some scratch posts from 2x4s and leftover carpet and a door mat and put them in strategic locations. Yelled at the cats when they used the furniture and praised when they went to the scratching post next to it. Also we have several of the corrugated cardboard scratch pads.

But the 2 sided tape was excellent. Plus it works even if you are not watching it.

Personally, I'd be fine if we got rid of the cats. The two we have now are 8ish years old, the cat before these two lived for 21 years.

Mike
Actually, double sided tape and carpet is an awesome idea. I'll have to see if my wife will agree - she thinks any solution needs to look good. I don't care so much about that, the cat stays upstairs where I don't have to look at it. I could sell it as we can get some color co-ordinated carpet remnants...
(07-01-2018, 08:50 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Actually, double sided tape and carpet is an awesome idea.  I'll have to see if my wife will agree - she thinks any solution needs to look good.  I don't care so much about that, the cat stays upstairs where  I don't have to look at it.  I could sell it as we can get some color co-ordinated carpet remnants...

Use that tape to attach cat to moving truck
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(07-01-2018, 09:53 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Use that tape to attach cat to moving truck

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh 

We took dried hot peppers and boiled them in water. Then painted that water mixture (99% clear) on the divan.
One time of scratching that, and she changed places.
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Try hanging small sisal mats on cup hooks and replacing them periodically.

[Image: jute-floor-mat-250x250.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
My wife has just said no to rugs or anything like that. I think she'll declaw the cat first.
peppered water idea sounds like a good and easy one to try.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me