MIter gauge pivot bolt missing
Need some guidance please. The center bolt (pivot) on my miter gauge for the table saw fell out. I cant find a picture to give me any reference as to how to replace it. any suggestions?
Brand? Has it got a name on it? Brand of saw?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Look here:  https://www.google.com/search?biw=1366&b...HzxGabso4w
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
So you have the screw but need to know how to install it?

Is this a trick question?
I apologize gentlemen I thought I put Delta in the header but alas not.  I don't have the screw, it was lost in the sawdust. I found one at ereplacementparts  and it has threads on one end but I can't see any threads in the miter gauge or the guide bar.

As far as I can tell it is part number 185 in the schematic but as usual it is not very clear.
any thoughts will help at this point
Thanks
don't use your miter gauge . You asked ....... I have never used mine . On my sliding table yes . On saw no . Find out what thread it is . 97% of the battle.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(07-23-2018, 04:52 PM)woodcutter100 Wrote: I apologize gentlemen I thought I put Delta in the header but alas not.  I don't have the screw, it was lost in the sawdust. I found one at ereplacementparts  and it has threads on one end but I can't see any threads in the miter gauge or the guide bar.

As far as I can tell it is part number 185 in the schematic but as usual it is not very clear.
any thoughts will help at this point
Thanks

I just took my Delta gauge apart to clean and tune it. The pivot bolt was difficult to remove until I realized there was a set screw too! 

It is a shoulder bolt, with a much smaller diameter threaded section than the size of the shoulder. 

On mine, the bolt actually threaded into the protractor part.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(07-23-2018, 06:33 PM)handi Wrote: I just took my Delta gauge apart to clean and tune it. The pivot bolt was difficult to remove until I realized there was a set screw too! 

It is a shoulder bolt, with a much smaller diameter threaded section than the size of the shoulder. 

On mine, the bolt actually threaded into the protractor part.
Thanks Ralph that helps a great deal..........
Take a large magnet in your hand and pass it back and forth in the saw dust to locate the missing screw.
(07-23-2018, 10:10 PM)RogerD Wrote: Take a large magnet in your hand and pass it back and forth in the saw dust to locate the missing screw.

What he said.

I keep a magnet on a stick handy for just such situations.

Frequently the arbor nut to my TS
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)