Trouble with Delta bandsaw motor
I've posted before on the troubles I've had with the 3/4 hp motor on my old Delta bandsaw. They continue. In short, the saw won't start by itself: I have to  give the pulley a turn to get it going. I replaced the capacitor, and when that didn't work, I opened up the motor and blew out all the sawdust inside. What should I do now? What might be wrong? I'm still flummoxed.
(07-30-2018, 07:39 AM)overland Wrote: I've posted before on the troubles I've had with the 3/4 hp motor on my old Delta bandsaw. They continue.  In short, the saw won't start by itself: I have to  give the pulley a turn to get it going. I replaced the capacitor, and when that didn't work,  I opened up the motor and blew out all the sawdust inside. What should I do now? What might be wrong?  I'm still flummoxed.

Check the centrifugal switch.  Both the contacts and the mechanical parts.   Clean the contacts and the sliding & moving parts of the switch.      The starting winding is not getting energized,   other than the switch and cap which you changed the only other options are a lead came loose or the winding is bad (unlikely ).   Roly
(07-30-2018, 07:39 AM)overland Wrote: I've posted before on the troubles I've had with the 3/4 hp motor on my old Delta bandsaw. They continue.  In short, the saw won't start by itself: I have to  give the pulley a turn to get it going. I replaced the capacitor, and when that didn't work,  I opened up the motor and blew out all the sawdust inside. What should I do now? What might be wrong?  I'm still flummoxed.

Any number of troubleshooting sites available on search for "troubleshooting electric motors.  Continuity, capacitor, and "points" if installed.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
All good advice. Thanks.