Toilet Fill Valve
  Re: RE: Toilet Fill Valve by Willyou ([quote='mike4244' pi...)
(12-11-2018, 10:09 PM)Willyou Wrote: Hate to tell you, but that is exactly what I did the last time and the ball float type only lasted, at most, 2 years. That is what I just replaced. Next time, I'll try the Korky.

I wonder how many corners they're cutting to hit the $6.50 price point.

And heck, if Home Depot is selling something for $6.50, you know they're only paying $4 - $5.

We give up so much dependability for that last few bucks savings, drives me nuts.
  Re: Toilet Fill Valve by Willyou (It seems that no mat...)
the valve in the op seems to have a pressure measurement diaphragm. Which is an interesting idea, but seems like it is just as likely to fail open as anything.

I would love to buy a valve that didn't need replacing very often.  I really hate changing them out.  I think the last one I replaced was a Korky that would readjust the water level setting all by itself
(12-11-2018, 11:24 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: I wonder how many corners they're cutting to hit the $6.50 price point.

And heck, if Home Depot is selling something for $6.50, you know they're only paying $4 - $5.

We give up so much dependability for that last few bucks savings, drives me nuts.

Exactly.

It really should be possible to buy a valve for a toilet that would last
for a very long time.  That would be worth spending more.

I hate working on plumbing.  Period.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae
Weeks ago, I pulled out an old one from my shop restroom.
All brass, some type of hard rubber float ball. No o-rings, rubbers. The unit sealed like a needle and seat on a carburetor.
The ball cracked from age and filled with water. The brass works was literately worn out.
Probably a fifty dollar item *if* I could find one as good as this one was. I put the stool in used over 20 years ago.
Steve

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

When I use the toilet it smells just like fresh brewed coffee!
fredp 02/13/2020

This is tried and true, they have been around for many years, yes with anything with moving parts they will wear over time, I removed 2 Fluidmaster 400 with 2 of the Mansfield and that was 11 years ago. I am on well water with high mineral content.Mansfield Fill Valve
Thanks Willyou now I understand!

Left Mobile back in late 1970's worked at federal building downtown.
Bill