Jointer Question
Would the nick in the outfeed table of this jointer cause problems...would it be a deal breaker in purchasing it?  
Thanks
[Image: 00k0k_b9nHhfPjCcs_600x450.jpg]
(02-23-2019, 11:45 PM)dwg Wrote: Would the nick in the outfeed table of this jointer cause problems...would it be a deal breaker in purchasing it?  
Thanks
[Image: 00k0k_b9nHhfPjCcs_600x450.jpg]

Hard to say, never having used one with that kind of damage. Have to wonder how that happened? Were it me, I'd keep looking. Gotta be better used jointers out there for probably close to the same money.

Doug
I'd take a pass and keep looking. It might be an issue when you try and sell it later on.
That issue would not affect jointing during regular use.  Assuming there was no damage to the cutter head when that chip was created.

However, looking at the picture again. Make sure you factor in that it has wooden base, not the factory base. How is the motor mounted? Also, looks like the blade guard is malfunctioning, or the spring is sprung, or not installed correctly.

Given the picture. I'd be looking around the $50-75 range in the market I'm in. Much more than that and it would be a hard pass for me.
(02-23-2019, 11:45 PM)dwg Wrote: Would the nick in the outfeed table of this jointer cause problems...would it be a deal breaker in purchasing it?  
Thanks

How cheap?  You could certainly have it brazed to repair it, but first check the market, as others have said.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Don't have an opinion on the deal breaker part, but it should still be quite usable. If you find the wood is getting snagged a little on the chip, just round it off slightly with a file or grinder.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Nope. It'll work just fine.

My 125+ year old jointer has chewed up beds, too.
Semper fi,
Brad

I agree with Fred and Mac, shouldn't be a problem.   If you're worried about resale, then don't entertain having hobbies.
(02-24-2019, 10:01 AM)Mike in kc Wrote: I agree with Fred and Mac, shouldn't be a problem.   If you're worried about resale, then don't entertain having hobbies.

+1

And see whats up with the pork chop.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

What is the asking price on this jointer?

Doug