Looking for 1/16" bandsaw blade.

Any leads for me?
  Re: Looking for 1/16" bandsaw blade. by Chuck Nickerson (Any leads for me?...)
(06-05-2019, 01:08 PM)Chuck Nickerson Wrote: Any leads for me?

Olsen makes a few, but most companies start at 1/8"

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
  Re: RE: Looking for 1/16" bandsaw blade. by woodhead ([quote='Chuck Nicker...)
(06-05-2019, 01:52 PM)woodhead Wrote: Olsen makes a few, but most companies start at 1/8"

Al

What width?

Lonnie
I have one - got it at Highland Hardware

Guy used to demonstrate boxes and log castles on youtube - said he used a 1/16 inch blade

It's a little bigger than 1/16 not counting teeth
I happened to be in Atlanta so picked one up

Then went home and bought a bigger bandsaw

Never used it
A decade or two ago, after reading Duginske's bandsaw book, I looked for a 1/16" blade. At that time there were still references to which company had made them (Starrett? Lenox?) but they had been discontinued and were no longer for sale.
I still have the 1/16th blade - never used - sized for Delta 14" saw

I recently moved my shop and it's in a box somewhere - I can find it

I can mail it - I'm in Canada
Glad you made the post.  I was looking for one so we could use it for bandsaw boxes.
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.  
  Re: RE: Looking for 1/16" bandsaw blade. by Arlin Eastman (Glad you made the po...)
(06-09-2019, 01:30 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Glad you made the post.  I was looking for one so we could use it for bandsaw boxes.

I would have thought a 1/8" blade would be sufficient for bandsaw boxes, even with quite tight curves.  The 1/16" blade is of particular use for fitting sideways into a tablesaw kerf, for instance to cut dovetail baselines in one pass.
  Re: RE: Looking for 1/16" bandsaw blade. by Alan S ([quote='Arlin Eastma...)
(06-12-2019, 10:50 AM)Alan S Wrote: I would have thought a 1/8" blade would be sufficient for bandsaw boxes, even with quite tight curves.  The 1/16" blade is of particular use for fitting sideways into a tablesaw kerf, for instance to cut dovetail baselines in one pass.

For that to. Well hopefully. Crazy
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.