How would you oscillate this?

I have a 220V squirrel cage that came from an air conditioning unit that I want to use in my shop with summer coming. It moves some serious air. I can mount it on a platform that allows me to manually position it but I'm interested in fabbing some sort of mount that will allow it to oscillate through 140* or so.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Re: How would you oscillate this? by ®smpr_fi_mac® (I have a 220V squirr...)
THIS
Hang it from the ceiling by a 5 foot long 1/2" diameter nylon rope.

It will move around on its own - much more than the desired 140 degrees - probably.

Winkgrin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
  Re: RE: How would you oscillate this? by 6270_Productions (Hang it from the cei...)
(06-27-2019, 07:26 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: Hang it from the ceiling by a 5 foot long 1/2" diameter nylon rope.

It will move around on its own - much more than the desired 140 degrees - probably.

Winkgrin
I'd like to watch that!!!!! Laugh
I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be
issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the
traditions for generations of warriors past. [Cpl. Jeff Sornij, USMC;
in Navy Times, November 1994]

Jack Edgar, Sgt. USMC Korean War 51/52
Get off my lawn ! Upset

Re: RE: How would you oscillate this? by Timberwolf ([quote='6270_Product...)
Remember to check the amperage draw against nameplate full load amps.  Without some air restriction it may be overloaded.   Roly
  Re: RE: How would you oscillate this? by Timberwolf ([quote='6270_Product...)
(06-27-2019, 07:48 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: .......................
I'd like to watch that!!!!! Laugh

I would recommend a distance of slightly more than 5 feet.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
  Re: RE: How would you oscillate this? by Roly (Remember to check th...)
(06-27-2019, 07:21 PM)cams2705 Wrote: THIS

That's too simple!

(06-27-2019, 07:26 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: Hang it from the ceiling by a 5 foot long 1/2" diameter nylon rope.

Winkgrin

That might be fun.
(06-27-2019, 09:09 PM)Roly Wrote: Remember to check the amperage draw against nameplate full load amps.  Without some air restriction it may be overloaded.   Roly

I'll likely put a filter or two over it so it can double as a windstorm AND fine dust collection.
Semper fi,
Brad

Cripes you are not thinking right grasshopper.

Have your wife hold it and tell here to move around for your best comfort. Smirk Smirk Laugh
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.  
Oh the things an ole leather neck has to endure.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Wink    Re: RE: How would you oscillate this? by Arlin Eastman (Cripes you are not t...)
(06-28-2019, 10:41 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Cripes you are not thinking right grasshopper.

Have your wife hold it and tell here to move around for your best comfort. Smirk Smirk Laugh

Make sure all sharp corners are removed.   We all know where it would wind up  Big eek     Roly