up grading saw guides

I up graded the stock guides on my Mini max S45 band saw from this. The lower guide system has plastic blocks.

To a Carted  ball bearing system. The upper guides worked perfectly but I didn't have a clue how the mount what they considered their bottom guide system.  And no instructions as to how to install what they sent me.
to make matters worse I only had this much room to work with.

and after a couple trial and errors,

This is what I finally came up with.

I did have to open the hole in the frame for the lower thrust bearing to move it  back a little with a cut off wheel on a dremel  tool and I had to use a right angled 4 1/2 disc grinder or a support rib on the table.

Anyway what I know have preforms beautifully and I couldn't be happier with it. I have already started on building rip fence for it.

I hope you enjoyed  the read.

Tom

Re: up grading saw guides by tablesawtom (I up graded the stoc...)
Odd. My MM has the same guides upper and lower.
Steve

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

When I use the toilet it smells just like fresh brewed coffee!
fredp 02/13/2020

Re: RE: up grading saw guides by Stwood_ (Odd. My MM has the s...)
(03-17-2020, 05:06 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Odd. My MM has the same guides upper and lower.

Is yours a S45? My first two pictures are the original guides from the saw.
  Re: up grading saw guides by tablesawtom (I up graded the stoc...)
No, just MM16.......
Steve

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

When I use the toilet it smells just like fresh brewed coffee!
fredp 02/13/2020

Re: RE: up grading saw guides by Stwood_ (No, just MM16..........)
(03-17-2020, 05:46 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: No, just MM16.......

While mine is a Minni Max, it is an S45 and not a 16. There is a big difference between the two, cost being one factor. The other noticeable factor is like having a pick up truck versus  a 10 ton dump truck. Both are trucks but they were mot created equal.