Need suggestions on narrowing kitchen cabinet door
(11-22-2020, 07:26 PM)jteneyck Wrote: [Image: ACtC-3chte_6Csx7JXvuo7c1jjDHnnxl1dRg1Iu7...authuser=0]

Then I cut the sticking off on the bandsaw, leaving just a little bit to clean up with a flush trim bit in the router, and a bullnose plane and/or plane blade.  And if I have to trim the 45 deg cuts to get a perfect fit I use the plane blade guided by the cutoff jig.  You can easily shave a few thousandths at a time, nice and clean.  

I'm a little stuck on this.  How do you use a flush-trim bit when you don't have a flat reference surface to trim to?  Or is it that you have thick panels, so there's lots of flat?  Mine have about 1/8" flat on the inside of the door.  I may have to stand it up and try to cut that sticking off on the table saw - without an actual tenoning jig.  
Crazy
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Clamp another board with a good edge to the style and reference the flush bit off the new board?
(11-25-2020, 09:34 AM)TDKPE Wrote: I'm a little stuck on this.  How do you use a flush-trim bit when you don't have a flat reference surface to trim to?  Or is it that you have thick panels, so there's lots of flat?  Mine have about 1/8" flat on the inside of the door.  I may have to stand it up and try to cut that sticking off on the table saw - without an actual tenoning jig.  
Crazy

I had no problem because I had cut a rabbet on the inside after I cut the molded edge.  In your case, yes, clamp another board along the molded edge of the stile for the bearing to ride on.  

John