Purchase advice
You might look at the Griz G0513X2F or BF with a brake. With cast iron wheels it took my X2 about 30 seconds to spin down after shut off. The X2B (evidently not offered now) stops in about 3 seconds. A significant safety advantage.

It is truly heartwarming to see how many guys offer to help a fellow Woodnetter spend his hard earned cash!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Your Sawstop configuration looks fine to me as you spelled it out. Someone above mentioned blades, and I also don't like the SS blades, so plan on a high quality replacement combo blade to start.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-29-2020, 03:21 PM)shoottmx Wrote: It is truly heartwarming to see how many guys offer to help a fellow Woodnetter spend his hard earned cash!

g

The next best thing to spending money that you don't have!
Laugh
Winkgrin 

Simon
Victor,

I can respect that desire to save time!

I want pics once you're set up!
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-29-2020, 02:11 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Don't upgrade to their Titanium saw blade (the stock blade is only good for rough work, not for furniture making). I wish I had spent the money on more woodworkers ii blades.

I tried the slider in the showroom, but it was more like a mega size cross cut sled to me. The outfeed table was robust, and I didn't get it when it was released because I put a bench behind the saw to work as an assembly table as well as an outfeed table. Your set-up could be different. One last thing, I know a couple of guys who also installed the sawstop router table on one side of the saw. I have no space for that kind of config.

Simon

Ahh .... THANK YOU! I was not planning on the router table accessory, not my style.
Victor

"The cure for anything is saltwater....sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
(12-29-2020, 01:49 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Victor, I like your starting points. You should be in fine shape.

Thanks.
Victor

(12-29-2020, 02:11 PM)WxMan Wrote: Only thing I have to add is on the Drill Press:

I sure would like to be able to change drill press speeds without shifting the belts.  I've been dawdling around on replacing my old DP with a new Powermatic or Nova Voyager.  There's been threads about the Voyager.

Both have 6-inch quill travel.  The Grizzly has less than 5".

You have my thanks. I just learned about quill. And it does matter to me. My first serious project is a STR bench and I need to drill a bit over 5".
Victor

(12-29-2020, 05:47 PM)TroutVictor Wrote: You have my thanks. I just learned about quill. And it does matter to me. My first serious project is a STR bench and I need to drill a bit over 5".

Not saying you shouldn't get a dp with a 6" travel, but, albeit less conveniently, you can drill 6" deep on a 5" quill dp.

Drill 5" deep then raise the work up (by raising the dp table or putting a shim under the work, eg) with the drill bit still in the work. Drill the last inch of depth in the final step.

Simon
Victor, I have the Grizzly GO513x2, IIRC, cast iron wheels and trunnions.  To me, the greatest impact on the quality of the cut for a bandsaw is the blade ,  so put some money in your budget for good blades.   As others have mentioned,   you haven't asked about a planer,  do you already have that picked out?
(12-29-2020, 06:59 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: Victor, I have the Grizzly GO513x2, IIRC, cast iron wheels and trunnions.  To me, the greatest impact on the quality of the cut for a bandsaw is the blade ,  so put some money in your budget for good blades.   As others have mentioned,   you haven't asked about a planer,  do you already have that picked out?

Planer and chop saw are already on hand.
Victor