Taytools Trying to Trademark "Moxon Vise"
This is the notice of publication for opposition https://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?ca...x=0&page=1  

H
e is not using an attorney and is filing it himself.  BTW, the USPTO has made him disclaim any claim to the use of the word vise.
Hope the groomer checks this forum, but I will never consider buying another item from “Taytools”. I will also drop an email to the company.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(12-04-2021, 07:10 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Hope the groomer checks this forum, but I will never consider buying another item from “Taytools”.  I will also drop an email to the company.

I dropped a heads-up email to BenchCrafted, Joel at TFWW and Chris Schwarz, as all have some commercial interest to protect.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I think that TT will have a rather frustrating time defending their "trademarks" each time someone else uses one. And if they do not do so, then a precedent is set for all to use it regardless.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(12-04-2021, 09:57 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: I think that TT will have a rather frustrating time defending their "trademarks" each time someone else uses one. And if they do not do so, then a precedent is set for all to use it regardless.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Frustrating only if the violators are based overseas. If TT does get the TM protection, no reputable hand tool manufacturers or merchants in NA dare to infringe its rights because if they do, it'd give them really bad publicity.

Simon
Well, I think I will trademark a few trademarks of my own. I might start with “Derek”. Now no one else can use this.

How about “woodwork” and “woodworking”? I might go for “Handplanesandmore”, “Rob” or “Cosman” … maybe “God”.

The best of all would be to trademark “TM”.
Smile

It is all such nonsense. One cannot trademark something that has been around a long time before you came along.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Can be like Sargent did to Stanley Trade Marks....different lateral levers than Stanley had patents for..

Sooo...instead of "Derek" ( and the Dominoes?)  One could use " De-Wreck"? 

Cosman vs Crossman ( crossbow maker) Hmmm...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
How much do they charge per TM application?

Make it $150 and this should go away.... 8000x$150.

https://harvardlawreview.org/2021/03/fan...-register/

Simon
Well, I guess they've lost another customer.
Equally bad are blatant knock-offs of tools, such as copies of Woodpecker Tools. Many say Woodpecker are over priced, but the development and manufacturing cost warrant the price, when you consider the limited market. Enter off-shore, nearly exact copies, for a fraction of the WP price.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com