Bandsaw Blade Recommendation
I rarely use a bandsaw and need a couple new blades. The project I am doing I will have to rough cut about a 6" radius in 1 3/8" alder. Then I will use a patterning helical cutter head on a shaper for the final shape.

I would like a couple good quality 93 1/2" blades. One for above and a all round blade.  The 3 blades I have now have been abused 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4" blades. I will keep them for cutting antlers and other non woodworking stuff.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(01-05-2022, 04:39 PM)lift mechanic Wrote: I rarely use a bandsaw and need a couple new blades. The project I am doing I will have to rough cut about a 6" radius in 1 3/8" alder. Then I will use a patterning helical cutter head on a shaper for the final shape.

I would like a couple good quality 93 1/2" blades. One for above and a all round blade.  The 3 blades I have now have been abused 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4" blades. I will keep them for cutting antlers and other non woodworking stuff.

A really good all-around blade for a 14" Delta or knockoff, which all have 93-1/2" blades, is a 3/8" x 4 tpi.  You can rip, cut fairly tight radii, cut tenon cheeks, even resaw 6" or so.  

John
Thanks John. Is one brand better than another?
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(01-06-2022, 02:42 AM)lift mechanic Wrote: Thanks John. Is one brand better than another?

I've always liked Lennox blades.  The Flex Back at 93.5" x 3/8" x 0.025 x 4 tpi is $13.03 each at Spectrum Supply.  Pretty hard to beat.  That said, I'm using Strarrett blades right now, and have been since a friend gave me several coils.  I don't know which type they are but the 3/8" x 4 tpi blade I have on my 14" Delta 90% of the time cuts great.  You can buy Starrett blades at Amazon and the prices look to be about the same as the one I referenced above for a similar blade.  

John
I will second the Lennox blades as I have had very good luck with them. For something just a little less expensive you could also look at the Timber Wolf blades.
I think it is very worthwhile to get a spare of any size you are using.

A lot of bandsaw cutting problems come from blade problems -- running the teeth into a guide, kinking, or just dulling over time.  They wear out much faster than what you might be expecting if you're used to carbide-tooth table saw blades.

For general-purpose blades, I've used:  starrett flex back (from Iturra), Timberwolf, Supercut, Viking (ordered through Lee Valley), and Lennox diemaster 2.  A lot of these have been recommendations from the forums and have been fine.

For your planned cuts, 3/8 x 4tpi is probably the best fit.
A 1/4 x 6tpi skip or hook is another general-purpose geometry that could work for this (not quite as well suited for the thickness, but good to have on hand if you need any tighter patterns)

This isn't a bad blade to get in bimetal, but you may want to just get a fresh (sharp) carbon blade and get on with life.

have fun!
Matt