WIXEY Digital Read Out
This week, my DeWalt 735x thicknesser should arrive. 

Has anyone put a WIXEY DRO on a DeWalt 735? Any problems with installation? Does it work well enough to justify the cost? https://www.infinitytools.com/wixey-0-6-...le-planers

According to the reviews, it is the cat's meow, but I am a natural skeptic when it comes to electronic gadgets.
No idea about installing on a 735, but I've had one on my Delta 15" for probably 8-9 years....and I love it. It does need to be re calibrated every so often (an easy task), but it's dead nuts on the money when I check it against a digital caliper. What I like most is that when planing I can count on the board being what the reading says, and it also enables me to go back and match it if I need a another piece of wood later.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-19-2022, 06:15 AM)fredhargis Wrote: No idea about installing on a 735, but I've had one on my Delta 15" for probably 8-9 years....and I love it. It does need to be re calibrated every so often (an easy task), but it's dead nuts on the money when I check it against a digital caliper. What I like most is that when planing I can count on the board being what the reading says, and it also enables me to go back and match it if I need a another piece of wood later.

I second everything Fred said as that is my experience with it also.  Roly
I have one on my Sawstop, and wish I'd done it years ago. There's no easy mounting option for my Hammer planer or I'd put one on it, too.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
I have the Wixey on my delta DC 380 planer of several years now. If it ever stops working, I will replace it with another Wixey. I have another brand of DRO on my Unisaw fence, it works good but I like the Wixey better. Future plans are to mount a DRO on my Grizzly 24" drum sander.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(12-19-2022, 06:15 AM)fredhargis Wrote: No idea about installing on a 735, but I've had one on my Delta 15" for probably 8-9 years....and I love it. It does need to be re calibrated every so often (an easy task), but it's dead nuts on the money when I check it against a digital caliper. What I like most is that when planing I can count on the board being what the reading says, and it also enables me to go back and match it if I need a another piece of wood later.

I did a non-standard install on a generic 15" planer so I'd agree with this assessment as far as install, accuracy, and repeatability when calibrated. However, I would differ in adding that even though I have one I just don't find myself using it that much. YMMV.

Same on my Powermatic 15-HH, except I never have to recalibrate, and it is off by maybe 0.002". It's not something I use often. But for certain things -- splines, floating tenons, matching thickness to existing board -- it's invaluable. Installation was easy.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I put one on the 735. Instructions are clear and accurate. There are unique instructions for the 735. Love it use it every time.
Roger

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your rear tomorrow.

9-11 Never forget
Gents: thanks for the information. Guess I will order one this week. Again thank you for your insights.
Someone game me one years ago and for my feeble mind I could not figure it out.  What I would REALLY like to do is detach it on one and put it on another on machine in just a minute.  Like from my bandsaw to the jointer to the tablesaw to drill press.  Now that would save money and time.

I have been figuring that out for a few years and just may have an answer in a while and sell it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.