Repair one vise, to use anoter
Over the past week or so...have noticed to bench vise is getting a bit loose in it's mountings...as in a couple of the #12 screws have stripped out..Decided against tearing apart that end of the bench...was bad enough 2 years ago...I did have a bit of Ash 1 x 6 left over...not really enough for any Projects...sooooo...

7/8" was a bit too thick...set this up, with the blade as high as it would go...still not high enough....even after I had cross cut and ripped to size...D8 rip saw to finish things up

Thin part can be stashed away, somewhere...The idea being to install this slab right over the jaw of the vise...and run a few screws into the "good wood" in the end cap..

But, in order to do that..I needed to remove the movable half of the vise...then drill and counter-sink a few holes..

Nothing in the middle, because of the steel platten of the vise is there,,,

Before I put the movable jaw back in place...a drop of 3in1 oil on both rods, and the first 3-4 threads...NOW it operates with just one finger!
Gave the "new" vise a test run...

Wentworth No.1 plus it's 2 x 8 stand....a lot of weight sitting there...trying to see how steady this will be...Saw?

12" Jackson, 14 ppi....will need a spotlight on the teeth...

So...in the time it took to write this up..

Saw has been sharpened up, test drive showed no binding...Wood is just pine...

Should be good for another 2 years?  have to decide which saw to do, next....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
There is a No.3 Saw Vise in the shop...

Not sure IF it is from Disston , or....

Whom made it...only says "No.  3" on a jaw....

No.1 was busy, today...

Not the "normal" rip saw in the shop...

Handle is at this end...locking handle kept hitting the saw's handle, before it locked up..did not take all that long..

To get to the other end....26" at  5teeth per inch...

Not sure who made the saw..

Warranted Superior, carved handle...Medallion has the 1887 patent date....skew back, open top..

What little I can make out of the etch (working on it) something about "New York Saw Works"? 

Not a Disston etch...hmmm?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that