killing bamboo plants
There’s always the lovable trash panda.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

(05-03-2023, 09:38 AM)JDuke Wrote: Good luck getting a panda, isn’t china taking theirs back?

I wish they'd take everything back
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(05-03-2023, 08:18 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I wish they'd take everything back

Unfortunately with our almost complete lack of ability to manufacture anything domestically that would be quite a disaster. 
 I agree with you, but it would need to be a gradual transition for us to be able to start producing locally again.
(05-04-2023, 10:12 AM)JDuke Wrote: Unfortunately with our almost complete lack of ability to manufacture anything domestically that would be quite a disaster. 
 I agree with you, but it would need to be a gradual transition for us to be able to start producing locally again.

Not to get political in a non political thread but sometimes it takes a disaster to fully grasp the errors of our ways.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Bamboo is an indoor decorative thing in this part of the world but it makes me wonder if dry ice or liquid nitrogen would do a quick kill on it.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

This guy says to let the shoots get to full height and throw out branches, then cut them all down before they can start photo synthesis and get energy.  It may take a few seasons but you will eventually deplete the rhizome of energy

The Secret to Killing Bamboo | NO Chemicals or Machines - YouTube

I went to one of the local farm chemical supplier and told them what I had. He mixed up a gallon of what used to be called atrazine. He told me to mix it 16oz to a gallon of water and to add half cup of veg oil to the mix. Constantly agitate the sprayer while using the sprayer and heavy coat the patch. The oil would help it stay in contact with the plant while it started to work. Not to mow it  for 10 days to 2 wks. I asked about covering it. Go ahead won't hurt keep some of the moisture from getting to it. He said forget about seeding it for 4 years. Wait for the atrazine to leach out.
Interesting, while atrazine is some potent stuff, it was created to control weeds in corn.
Usually applied by incorpation during tillage.
Its not used much (here) now.

Ed
Sounds like you have a solution (no pun intended).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Went to the cabin Fri and Sat. I sprayed a whole gallon on the spot. It was pretty well drenched then covered most of it with a cheap tarp from harbor freight. We'll see how it works out.