Festool ETS EC 150/3 EQ 6" Sander
I didn't buy the rolls, but a box of mixed grits to try out. I have to say I'm one of the few who aren't all that impressed with them. For the sanding function they are good, probably better than the common aluminum oxide. But the dust collection isn't as good as the standard 8 holes discs I use (an opinion, I can't figure out a way to measurer the effectiveness). With the Cubitron, my pad (Bosch) tended to catch a lot of the dust and get clogged after a long stretch of sanding. It may work better if I step u the vac speed, something that's on my list to try, but for now I like the standard discs.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have that Cen-Tec hose listed above for my Bosch ROS65VC sander.   Two thumbs up here.  Light and very flexible.
Semper fi,
Brad

Cabinet Monkey,

We must be looking at different hoses. The one I have is fairly light and extremely flexible. It may be an older version. It's black and came with the screw on adapters.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
I too tried to avoid festool for a while.

Went through at least half a dozen different options for mortise and tenon joinery before I found a domino df500 being sold locally for what I thought was a decent price.
The df500 is such a well built and easy to use machine, I started watching for more stuff to try.

Next came the sys mini dust extractor and again it was such a well thought out design it stoked my desire for more.

Then I bought a couple sanders new, and the ct36 AC dust extractor seemed like a good fit for my dewalt tracksaw.

Then a used jigsaw jumped into my collection.

I’m impressed with the well thought out features and functionality of festool stuff that seems like a company run by woodworkers and engineers not accountants and advertising.

I am not to the point of replacing my dewalt tracksaw, or my Bosch glide miter saw, but for tools like the domino where there isn’t really a comparable option they are definitely worth it, but for someone on a budget, I can understand why you would go another direction.
I have not tried that 3M paper you linked, I have had great luck with this:
Mirka Autonet 6" Mesh Grip

Note, this is intended for auto sanding, but works fine on wood.
The abranet they market for woodworking is more expensive for some reason.
They seem like the same thing by eye (I have bought both).. if they are different, they both work good.

I've also used Klingspore sandpaper. they used to make their own house brand that was compatible with festool sanders (Same hole pattern)
Now that they are festool dealers, I'm not sure if they still make it or not, might be worth a call. It's great paper also, I still have a bunch to use.
Lastly, sometimes there's 6" festool sanding discs on ebay at a good price, for whatever reason, like damaged packing, etc.
(06-13-2023, 10:00 PM)paul2004 Wrote: I have not tried that 3M paper you linked, I have had great luck with this:
Mirka Autonet 6" Mesh Grip

Note, this is intended for auto sanding, but works fine on wood.
The abranet they market for woodworking is more expensive for some reason.
They seem like the same thing by eye (I have bought both).. if they are different, they both work good.

I've also used Klingspore sandpaper. they used to make their own house brand that was compatible with festool sanders (Same hole pattern)
Now that they are festool dealers, I'm not sure if they still make it or not, might be worth a call.  It's great paper also, I still have a bunch to use.
Lastly, sometimes there's 6" festool sanding discs on ebay at a good price, for whatever reason, like damaged packing, etc.

I have had decent success with the Mirka strips on the lathe as long as the wood is dry. They do tend to clog a bit on some woods that aren't really dry. I figured that I would pick up a grit sampler assortment of the Mirka discs to try. I had not seen/noticed the 3M Cubitron before, so I asked.

So far, the online reviews of the backer pads make it sound like worthwhile to get the FT-branded ones to get good hole alignment.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I'll chime in with what I use with my Festool sanders and has worked for me for years without any issues. The Bosch VAC005 hose is a great inexpensive hose and will fit the Festool perfectly. It used to be available for around $30-$35 and is now a little more so maybe there are better options at the new $50ish price point. As for sanding disks, I use RhynoGrip from Industrail Abrasives that are made for Festool sanders. I've used many others over the years and the RhynoGrip are the best bang for my buck as fas as I am concerned. HTH
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
yes, the backup pad (to protect your main velcro pad on the sander) is a good investment, IMO. I use them.
I've acquired a small fleet of festool over the years.  I never bought one of their vacs though.

My 15+ year old Fein vac works fine.  
Wink

I have a festool branded pigtail hose that is maybe 18" long that fits each of my tool dust ports, and connects well enough to my Fein hose with the help of a hose clamp.
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
(06-13-2023, 04:19 PM)cpolubin Wrote: Cabinet Monkey,

We must be looking at different hoses. The one I have is fairly light and extremely flexible. It may be an older version. It's black and came with the screw on adapters.

Cliff

We def. are.

You should probably drop by a rockler and look at what's for sale today.