Barn Sale, this morning
I have a couple of them. Are you sure it needs a spring for the self feeder mechanism? Gravity ( when the drill is vertical) works for mine.
Old shelf was too wide..and got retired to the curb...replaced by..

That way, I can move the post closer to the wall

There is a shim on the floor. and a cleat on the post...Had my son carry the 100 pound drill over to the post, set it on top of the cleat....a clamp to hold things while I drilled and drove 2 lag screws...making sure the drill was also plumb...

Post and the drill are indeed plumb..corner of the Field Stone Wall is...not.

Top of the post was notch to fit around the joist...and a lag screw driven through, with a washer....hammer drill took out a nearby light bulb, too..

Needed this to get up closer to the overhead work....yes, I did make that step stool..

Works as designed..I added the spring to help keep the follower ON the cam lobes...

Seems to be plenty of room...

Some of the "stuff" on the old shelf unit ( Old Swayback Maru?)  was simply tossed away....amazing what a little "down sizing" can do...

Even found an old vise I could use....once I dig up a few bolts to hold it in place...

I have an angle bracket, or 2...maybe tap-con through the bracket, and through the shim and into the concrete floor....and then screw the bracket to the post?

Need to spend today putting away a bunch of toys...

Just to clean off the top of my bench....

Had to remove the top shelf, to get this out of the shop......maybe someone will come along, and give Old Swayback Maru  a new home?

It is even the same colour as the USS Salt Lake City from WW2.....CA-25
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Needed to fix a "Speed Bump"....

remains of a bolt?   Drilled it out..

Now the Auto-Feed follower has a smooth ride...

After a final check for Plumb...

Tap-conned the bracket and the shim to the floor.....added a screw into the post through the bracket....can always add one more each...IF need be.

Vise now has a pair of bolts to hold it in place..

Can always move it about,  as needed...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that