Router lift recommendations and setup
(10-20-2023, 08:09 AM)davco Wrote: One youtuber mentioned you need to create a dust collection box around the master lift to prevent build up on the threads, what's been your experience?

I mentioned I've had to change the belt on my lift a couple times... and I expect gunky threads is the reason.  I never paid much attention to blowing it off regularly until a few years ago (second belt change).
(10-20-2023, 09:04 PM)Tapper Wrote: I don't have one of these but am seriously considering it. Take a look at the video to the right.

Doug

I really like the clean-sweep inserts--though i admit that i had a little resentment that the lift was only available with the solid inserts and i had to buy the clean-seep inserts separately.  That was a few years back (5 or 6??  time flies!) so maybe that's an option now.

@tapper--I've got a clean-sweep dust box that i used for a few months before building a cabinet.  Worked well, but the hose connection at the bottom made it deeper than i wanted for the cabinet build.  I should get that down out of the rafters and sell it--shipping would be high though because of the volume of space.  Even disassembled it would probably take a $30 bill for shipping alone.
earl
(10-19-2023, 07:06 AM)davco Wrote: Thanks Kurt

What did you do for a router plate?

I currently have a 3/8" lexan plate I made, should I reuse and just drill a hole through it for the lift crank?  If so any tips for aligning the hole?

I just drilled a hole in the existing black plate. Simples.
(10-21-2023, 08:17 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: I just drilled a hole in the existing black plate. Simples.

I don’t recall where I saw the link, but there are some clear acrylic purse display boxes sold on Amazon at an attractive price, that could easily be adapted to use as an enclosure around a table router, complete with magnetic door latches. 

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Organizer...B09NVLJL7B

$34 for 3 of them
I've been happy with the Jessem router. Bora makes one, too. https://boratool.com/bora-3-25hp-soft-st...motor.html

But you definitely want 3 1/4HP.

Good choice on the INCRA. Its the same as Jessem except magnetic inserts, which are far better.
I have the Triton TRA001 and have been happy with it.  I bought it pretty inexpensively as a floor model but found out later that the brushes had been removed.  It took a while to track down replacements, so I can attest to the difficulty in getting parts.  

Also, I found it too clunky to reach below the table to turn in on and off, so I have it plugged into a switched outlet.  This works well and has the added benefit of being able to switch the shop vac with the router if I want to.
(10-25-2023, 09:21 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I've been happy with the Jessem router.  Bora makes one, too. https://boratool.com/bora-3-25hp-soft-st...motor.html

But you definitely want 3 1/4HP.

Good choice on the INCRA.  Its the same as Jessem except magnetic inserts, which are far better.

I like that the Bora uses ER20 collets like the Spinrite from Woodpecker which appears to be the same motor for less money,