Woodworker's Supply Inc. has Closed it's doors after 51 years
They had a large showroom in my area. Then they moved to a much smaller place. That finally closed a year or so ago.

I remember their catalogs. To be honest I don't remember purchasing a lot from them. One year while on vacation in Wyoming I noticed they had a store in state. Talked my wife into traveling to it. What looked like a short distance would turn into a very long and kind of boring drive to get there and then back. I think we stayed in Cody. They were very friendly in the store. I think they closed that one a couple years ago. I asked the manager why they would have a woodworking store in an area that didn't have a lot of population or wood. He said it was for tax purposes and they did most of their sales thru "mail order". Yes it was that long ago.
That is sad indeed.
Hello,

I just learned of their closing today and came here to ask where your favorite supply hub is at this point.

I didn't use them a ton, but from time to time and sorry to see them go.

I am a professional shop and use the local Richelieu Hardware quite a bit, but they don't always have what I need in stock and have found I get it quicker if I purchase online vs them ordering it for me.

Not a big fan of Woodcraft or Rockler and need better pricing than then can give anyway. 

Would love to here your thoughts.

Thank you
good to have a good woman that has my back.
(01-20-2024, 11:27 AM)jerk151 Wrote: Hello,

I just learned of their closing today and came here to ask where your favorite supply hub is at this point.

I didn't use them a ton, but from time to time and sorry to see them go.

I am a professional shop and use the local Richelieu Hardware quite a bit, but they don't always have what I need in stock and have found I get it quicker if I purchase online vs them ordering it for me.

Not a big fan of Woodcraft or Rockler and need better pricing than then can give anyway. 

Would love to here your thoughts.

Thank you

It depends on what I need. I use Amazon, HD, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, Woodworkers Express, Wurth. Really anyone.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(01-20-2024, 08:14 PM)museumguy Wrote:   It depends on what I need. I use Amazon, HD, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, Woodworkers Express, Wurth. Really anyone.

Thanks, I just ordered from Woodworkers Express for the first time. I had never looked into Würth before, so I browsed around for a bit. The price point seems a bit higher than others, but maybe that goes down once registered
good to have a good woman that has my back.
(01-21-2024, 01:41 PM)jerk151 Wrote: Thanks, I just ordered from Woodworkers Express for the first time. I had never looked into Würth before, so I browsed around for a bit. The price point seems a bit higher than others, but maybe that goes down once registered

Not sure if it's true but I've been told that they are the same company. Wurth sells to business only, Woodworker Express sells to anyone. When I compared prices, they were nearly identical. Oh, also, when I looked at Wurth for Blum undermount slides, they showed 0 in stock. Woodworkers express had 200+ pair in stock. I've ordered 6 pair of Blum heavy duty undermount slides and several Blum hinges with base plates at once. The great thing is, when I look up the item, it tells me how many are in stock so I can change my mind if need be. Everything is packaged very well and arrives quickly.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Woodworkers Hardware and AH Turf are good also.

Ed
(01-21-2024, 04:54 PM)EdL Wrote: Woodworkers Hardware and AH Turf are good also.

Ed

Very much agreed. I forgot about them.

Garry