Lane Acclaim Dining Table - Input Please
That's what I thought, no aprons is "normal"...our current table does have aprons so that now looks "normal" to me that they should. We leave one in at all times and rarely use a full table cloth (wife likes runners - I'd ask "why make a beautiful table that is designed to be covered?") so I'm glad they are there.
The lady accepted my bid, so now I have to develop an accurate drawing and then get to work.  Should be a great project. 

John
Look forward to seeing it!
(01-03-2024, 10:56 AM)jteneyck Wrote: The lady accepted my bid, so now I have to develop an accurate drawing and then get to work.  Should be a great project. 

John

Great, have fun and keep us updated!

Toney
(12-29-2023, 10:40 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Leaves almost never have aprons, for the reason you stated, hard to store.  It does make the table look ugly without them, but tables usually have a tablecloth over them when being used for large gatherings, so it's not seen anyway.  

John

I only made three or four tables with leaves, but put aprons on all of them because my ex mother in law's Ethan Allen set had them, as did the first real dining table I bought in the early 80s.  Can't imagine building one without.
Apron / No apron
My mother-n-law's table easily accommodated 12 people with all three leaves in place.  She did not own a tablecloth that long.  Her leaves did have aprons (storage was not easy) but that table was ready for a magazine cover every Thanksgiving.  Personal opinion, a beautiful table should not be covered with a tablecloth; that's the reason they sell runners and place mats.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(12-28-2023, 04:50 PM)JosephP Wrote: What do ya'll think of aprons on the extension leaves?  It doesn't look like the table in those pics had aprons on the leaves.  They would store easier that way, but I think it looks more complete with the apron in place - even if it doesn't serve much purpose.

I have had 1 table without aprons on the leaves and one with aprons.  The one without aprons it looked dumb to have aprons on the end sections but not the leaves.  I guess though that if you always use a tablecloth and things are covered it wouldn't really matter.

We've always had tables with extensions that had apron's. I wouldn't really want extensions without apron's. I too would think it would look odd without.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The Lane Acclaim tables had no aprons on the extensions.  I will give the lady who gave me the business the option, so we'll see.  

John