Should I buy this?
And they call ME a Bandit????
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Didn't Lie Nielsen do a remake of this #9 plane a while ago?
Tom
Seems like they did make a bronze one. But I seem to remember they dropped the manf as sales weren't all that good.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-07-2024, 04:14 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: Didn't Lie Nielsen do a remake of this #9 plane a while ago?
Tom

After introducing a No. 51 Shooting Board Plane, they discontinued the No. 9.  They have a RH and LH version of the No. 51.  Currently on backorder.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I have the cast iron No. 9 from LN.  It has cocobolo handles, the hot dog, and TLN's engraved signature.  Works very well on my shooting board.  The mass of the plane really helps.
(01-08-2024, 07:46 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: I have the cast iron No. 9 from LN.  It has cocobolo handles, the hot dog, and TLN's engraved signature.  Works very well on my shooting board.  The mass of the plane really helps.

I have a LN No9 as well. I has to re-sharpen the plane iron recently after an aborted attempt to clean up some rock hard jarrah. Holy smokes that wood is tough! It looked like cookie monster chewed on the edge of the plane iron. I had to regrind a new primary bevel and re-sharpen. Once it was done I was back to work again.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Bug 
(01-16-2024, 11:51 AM)Blacky's Boy Wrote: I have a LN No9 as well. I has to re-sharpen the plane iron recently after an aborted attempt to clean up some rock hard jarrah. Holy smokes that wood is tough! It looked like cookie monster chewed on the edge of the plane iron. I had to regrind a new primary bevel and re-sharpen. Once it was done I was back to work again.

Well, look who tripped and fell back in here! [Image: yellowbiggrin.gif]

You still doing saw parts and such?
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-16-2024, 03:51 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Well, look who tripped and fell back in here! [Image: yellowbiggrin.gif]

You still doing saw parts and such?

Just looked at that No, 9  photo that you posted.  Did anyone comment about the big chunk missing from the back of the plane's sole?  You paid the right price for a plane in that condition, but the value will be in the parts sold separately.  For that reason, you may want to leave it in the as-is condition, as cleaning might devalue the parts.
I still have some brass backs and scrapers. But that's about it. I only offer them up occasionally. I really don't want to get back into having a full time business again. It ruined me for woodworking. It took me nearly 5 years to get my mojo back.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Bug 
(01-21-2024, 06:06 PM)Blacky's Boy Wrote: I still have some brass backs and scrapers. But that's about it. I only offer them up occasionally. I really don't want to get back into having a full time business again. It ruined me for woodworking. It took me nearly 5 years to get my mojo back.

Ok thanks Dom.
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020