Where do folks get wide hardwood molding
Bug 
Dug out some correct cut crown from the lumber rack. Some that I made when I was doing cabinets and staircases. Later years I made all of my trim after acquiring a molder.

The reason the 52 and 38 angles are used is that with crown, it puts more of the crown on the wall other than half and half on the ceiling and wall. So crown always has a direction it lays on the wall.

The OP's crown picture shows some mismade crown, wrong angles. It should lay into a square as shown. And to cut it, it needs to lay upside down, correctly, on your miter saw as pictured.

I had this all laid out here yesterday, but apparently did not hit post. [Image: yellowrolleyes.gif]

Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-13-2024, 06:36 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes, angle is way off. Though it will still fit to the wall.

Am I missing a 'how to read a framing square' trick?  Looks like that piece would be nearly square if rotated a bit.  
Confused
(01-17-2024, 06:49 AM)KC Wrote: Am I missing a 'how to read a framing square' trick?  Looks like that piece would be nearly square if rotated a bit.  
Confused

That is what I thought also.   He may have been trying to show it was not 45 degrees.   Roly
Does appear to have a slight gap on the left, but cannot see it good enough to really tell.
But the other side should be waaay closer than it is.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020