Washing Machine Hoses
That worked Roly. I will let you know how it works out.
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
Secret weapon #1. A little tin of plumbers grease from the tap repair section of a hardware or big box store. Put a little smear ( thin film ) on anything near water. Screws, handle splines, faucet parts, garden hose threads…….  You’ll thank me down the road.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Politics 
Blackhat,

In my area, we call that heat proof grease. We use it on everything from O rings to faucet cartages. I recently had to replace the water valve on my tankless HWH after 23 years the old O ring connected to one side was hard. I went and picked up a new one and before I put it on it was buttered up with heatproof grease. You are correct that stuff works miracles.
(02-22-2024, 08:20 AM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: Blackhat,

In my area, we call that heat proof grease. We use it on everything from O rings to faucet cartages. I recently had to replace the water valve on my tankless HWH after 23 years the old O ring connected to one side was hard. I went and picked up a new one and before I put it on it was buttered up with heatproof grease. You are correct that stuff works miracles.  

Is this different than silicone grease that typically is very thick, clear and sold in very small containers?
I prefer the faucet grease that is beeswax based. Silicone grease can cause some rubber compounds to swell and degrade. Metal to metal I’ll use silicone if it’s handy. There is a silicone based O ring lube that works fine.
Blackhat

years ago,I started putting that on garden hoses, sprayers, etc

works wonders avoiding those annoying drips.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
So if someone has a, say, QD faucet fitting stuck on a hose bib how do you get it off...or do you? Would heating it slightly break the corrosive bond? Not me, of course, asking for a friend.
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I would likely cut off the body of the QD and then carefully cut through the threaded collar. When I thought I was close to the threads, I would take a heavy screwdriver into the cut and give it a twist. If the collar splits the slightest it should come off pretty easy. Don’t sweat nicking the threads, they aren’t part of the seal.
Blackhat

The hoses arrived today and unless they invented magnetic brass they are not brass! Back to square one.
(02-28-2024, 01:15 PM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: The hoses arrived today and unless they invented magnetic brass they are not brass! Back to square one.

I believe it said the inserts are stainless steel but the nuts are brass is that not correct ?  If not send them back.  But what is wrong with stainless nuts ?   Some stainless is magnetic.   Roly