A Project for May?
Coming along great Bandit...today is Wednesday, May 15th. Prayers the transition back home for Mrs. Bandit goes well.

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Best wishes to you today.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Runners..something for those 8 drawers to slide on..need 18 of them..cut for length, have tenons milled on each end

Tenons check for a slip fit..

And make sure they match the layout lines..for length..

All 18 of these are done...

Back rails where the back of the case gets attached to, and supports the back end of the runners...

Problem?   I need 9 back rails, only have enough good pine for ONE....off to Lowes, and buy five 1 x 2 x 4' ( on SALE!)..haul the best 4 to the shop, cut them down to match the first one for length.. move the tablesaw out of the way...bring out the router table again...reset both fences and the STOP line..

As all I need to allow for, was the tenon..

On the back end of the runners..

And that will do for the router table work, and working with Pine for a while..Stay tuned..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Need to mill dovetail sockets, to install the front rail's dovetails in.  Socket in milled with a hand held router, using this 3/8" dovetail bit..

Used the Hi-Tech Router Lift..

Allen wrench set...used the Backer Block to set the depth of cut.

Cleaned off the tablesaw

And it is now a work table...clamped down the back side...do some lay out work..

Using one of the front rails .   marked out where to place the fence to guide the router..and a stop line or 2..

From the bottom of that rail to the fence, is 2-5/8" 

Some of the tools in use...had 9 sockets to do..

Bottom one was a bit tricky...ran out of places to clamp the fence to...reversed and had plenty..takes a while, but..

This side of the case is all done...except..

I needed to transfer ALL those markings over to side #2...and mill those today

Stay tuned..
Been very busy, the last few days...I suppose I should do an update to this....

Side #2...

Web Frames:
the runners have their tenons done, and the 2 counter bored holes drilled

All 36 of them..

Front rails..have a dovetail "Tail" milled on each end...and a mortise...to fit the above tenons..

Back rails have been cut to length, and a mortise milled..

Nails and glue, and a clamp now and then,,assembly..

2 nails per corner..front and rear..

Then a dry fit...

Had 9 frames to build..

These join the 2 sides of the case, and is where the drawers will be sliding on....

Stay tuned..
Got the frames done this morning..and, after that dry fit...started to install all of them..

Glue on the tails, and along the edge of the frame..

Hammer to "assist" the tails home...square to well square the frame to the front...Add one screw in the hole in the back..

Then add the front screw.

Working my way along until..

I ran out of frames and sockets...

Then the "FUN" can begin...
Removed this mess from the "Assembly Table"  and place Side #2 on the table...spots of glue where needed..lift Side #1 up and onto Side #2..and connect things up..made sure the frames were square again...finally,, just set the entire mess down on the floor..

On it's own 4 feet...
Start time this morning? 0855 hrs....Quitting time?  1155hrs...

Time for Lunch and a nap

Stay tuned..
Needed to add a couple parts..

needed a pine filler strip at the top and the bottom at the back rails...something to attach the back of the case to..

Along with an Ash one at the top...fills in between the top divider and the top of the case..

There was a piece for the bottom..

But, there was a problem..

wasn't quite wide enough..so, had to make a new one that did fit..

Both bottom pieces are secure with glue and screws...not only broke a pilot hole drill bit,,,I had to repair a split, despite pre-drilling the hole..

Back up on top...corner braces were installed..

These also are used to attach the top to the case..using a slotted hole, a screw and a washer...allows for wood movement, that way..

I think that will do, for this episode..
Stay tuned..